No announcement yet.

SHOT Show 2019 NV & Thermal Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August for the Thermion?!?! Crap, it's gonna be like a kid waiting for Christmas Eve

Comment

Getting on a plane in Vegas headed back to Shreveport. When I get caught up I’ll post any more updates I’ve got.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
        Getting on a plane in Vegas headed back to Shreveport. When I get caught up I’ll post any more updates I’ve got.

http://youtu.be/_YC_WChJnNg

Good deal. I’ll message you next week and probably call. Decision time on order a new pulsar and wait or catch a deal on a trail mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

#shotshow2019 The @nvisionoptics HALO thermal Weapon Sght. 50mm and 25mm thermal Weapon Sight. It uses the BAE 12 micron 60htz core. It has a 5 year warranty and runs off 4 CR123 batteries. Video is external by connecting a DVR.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I know they want to push the Thermions but what’s Pulsars reseasoning for discontinuing the non-ranging Trails? I know in the podcast some folks want a more traditional looking scope but the trails don’t look bad on a bolt gun.

Maybe I need to work on how good I look in the hay field instead of stacking hogs [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
              I know they want to push the Thermions but what’s Pulsars reseasoning for discontinuing the non-ranging Trails? I know in the podcast some folks want a more traditional looking scope but the trails don’t look bad on a bolt gun.

Maybe I need to work on how good I look in the hay field instead of stacking hogs [emoji16]

I’m not real big on moving to a round tube. I like the Trails for mounting on an AR.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                I’m not real big on moving to a round tube. I like the Trails for mounting on an AR.

The mount they had for it shows promise, I’m mainly concerned about battery life. In fact I’m searching now for a gunsmith to put a picatnny rail on a 788 in .243 for a thermal varmit gun. The trail has three aiming profiles so I’ve got the room for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                  August for the Thermion?!?! Crap, it's gonna be like a kid waiting for Christmas Eve
                  I know! I'm hoping it's sooner than that, but it's going to be a wait and see for sure.

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  Good deal. I’ll message you next week and probably call. Decision time on order a new pulsar and wait or catch a deal on a trail mode.
                  I think the Trails are going to be in very limited supply until the Thermions get here. There are essentially no Trails XQ model Trails on the shelf right now in the US and Pulsar says they probably can't fill all the back orders they already have before the Thermions ship this summer. It's a real supply/demand issue. I don't think you'll be disappointed in either model to be honest.

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                  I'll reply to both of these at once....

There are a whole lot of reasons to discontinue the Trails and it has nothing to do with quality, reliability, popularity etc. The first reason is that Pulsar usually works on a 2-3 year product cycle so it's time for them to come out with something fresh and new. They also don't have the production capabilities to just add 5 scopes to their line up and leave all the rest. It would also be an inventory nightmare for dealers. The reason to dump the design and move to a daytime scope look, well.....that's interesting. I posted an answer to this on another forum so I'll copy/paste it here.

The big thing to remember is, the US didn't demand or even ask for a conventional scope design. The rest of the world did. While the US is the largest single market, we are still less than 50% of their total sales. We also didn't demand the big jump in magnifications, the other markets did. What we forget is that no other buyer of these scopes outside the US is putting them on anything but a bolt action rifle. Period. They logically want a traditional scope look.

They are also using them hunting in two ways that are vastly different than we are. Rather than shooting mostly hogs and coyotes, they are shooting (depending on the country) rats, rabbits and foxes or large game including many kinds of deer and elk. So for them, higher magnification makes sense on both ends. Small animals, they want more magnification, larger animals at further distances, they want more magnification and care less about FOV.

Comment

Makes all the sense in the world Jason but I still think that little Remington bolt action .243 of mine is gonna be a sexy beast once I get that XQ50 on her [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                      #shotshow2019 The @nvisionoptics HALO thermal Weapon Sght. 50mm and 25mm thermal Weapon Sight. It uses the BAE 12 micron 60htz core. It has a 5 year warranty and runs off 4 CR123 batteries. Video is external by connecting a DVR.
                      I've got my initial pre-order in and I'm ready to see it in action. It looks awesome. What are your thoughts? I know you're a Trijicon guy, so I'm curious if you'd pass over Trij for one of these units if you were in the market for another? Thoughts?

Comment

Makes all the sense in the world Jason but I still think that little Remington bolt action .243 of mine is gonna be a sexy beast once I get that XQ50 on her [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
                        And I definitely don't disagree with you there. I personally wish the design wasn't changing either. I'm just having to chalk it up to a new body style on pickup trucks. Every time there is a new one I HATE it and say I'd never own one. 2-3 years later I think the old body style doesn't look as good as the new.

- Jason

Comment

It’s all good, my main piggy bank fattening goals right now are Axiom driven anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                            I've got my initial pre-order in and I'm ready to see it in action. It looks awesome. What are your thoughts? I know you're a Trijicon guy, so I'm curious if you'd pass over Trij for one of these units if you were in the market for another? Thoughts?
                            I'm hoping Clifford gives me one as a long term demo. I'll be able to talk more about the unit v. Trijicon

Pros:
                            Less things to snag on compared to a mk3 Tougher glass filled polymer housing