Another Buck Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Buck Injury

Well this is the big one I have been after for 3 years now. He is 7 1/2 this year. He has injured his back left leg badly. He was fine through bow season and opening weekend of gun season. After that im not sure when the injury occured? I dont think he is gonna make it. What do you guys think happened? Looks as if the hips dislocated possibly and the bottom part is rotting. He has lost lots of weight. What are yalls thoughts. I will post pics in late October and the mot recent mid Dec. No pics later than mid Dec so he my be gone already.
    Attached Files

Dang that stinks. I’d bet he got tagged by a vehicle.

Comment

Man that's horrible

Comment

See that type of hind leg injury mainly if they get hung in a fence. Typically either breaks the leg below the knee or dislocates the hip. Looks like he got a little of both...

Comment

Poor fella.

Comment

Probably a wolftrrdd by now.

Comment

That is horrible! Nature can be cruel...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                See that type of hind leg injury mainly if they get hung in a fence. Typically either breaks the leg below the knee or dislocates the hip. Looks like he got a little of both...
                ^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^
                Fences are really hard on deer

Comment

He may make it yet. We had a three legged doe on our lease, her right rear leg was gone at the hock, but she could run and jump a fence just as well as the rest of them.

Comment

Sure hate to see that.

Comment

Also to add, if you can or someone else you know can, I'd take him out. At this point in the year with 2 more hard months ahead and in his present condition, he won't make it...

Comment

I wonder how it will affect his antler growth for next season?

Comment

I agree looks like a fence injury.....

Comment

Man they are some tough animals. Hate to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                              Also to add, if you can or someone else you know can, I'd take him out. At this point in the year with 2 more hard months ahead and in his present condition, he won't make it...
                              If he shows we will take him. He declined a little from last year. I have hunted this buck hard for 3 years and had him at 30 yrds once and had no shot. He has been my target buck for 3 years. I did get a shot on a really nice mature deer the last weekend of Oct that I have never seen before, but shot him too high and was upset with myself for weeks. He has showed back up on camera also so that makes me happy. He would have been my first archery buck and I rushed the shot. I have been upset about that day since it happened. Just seeing him on camera makes it much easier now, knowing I didn't kill him amd not recover him. I know its him because of the broken brow tine. This is him.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X