Home made bag target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home made bag target

I did a search but could not find anything. Does anyone know of anyway to make a home made bag target?

Go to the feed store and get a large burlap sack. Then go around your neighborhood knocking on doors. Ask the female inhabitants if you can have all their old panties and panty hose; do the same with all the females where you work. After you collect enough of them, stuff them into the sack tightly and sew the bag up. That should do it.

Be sure you have your major medical insurance paid up!

Comment

I don't think the ladies in the neighborhood will take to kind to asking them for their underwear!!! But you never know

Comment

It doesn't hurt to ask.

Or you can use plastic bags - I've used Safeway bags with good success. They seem to hold up better than the Wal-Mart blues.

You can also buy the outer layer target and stuff it. I've seen the replacement covers in catalogs and websites but can't find an example now. If I remember right they ran about $10 for the cover. Good luck!

Steve

Comment

I use the plastic feed sack...cause I have thousands of them....and whenit is cotton season go to where the cotton is harvested or at the gin and pick up the stuff that has fallen on the ground and pack it tight. or if you have a ton of old rags etc, that works too. I am going to be making a few later this year during the harvest.

Comment

I would be afraid the old plastic bags could melt on your arrow. Probably a better option would be to ask ladies at work and the neighborhood for their lingerie as Berandel suggested!

Comment

I've made them out of plastic bags as well and it worked really good. Hard part is getting that many plastic bags.

Comment

here is my new one for my backstop.....

Comment

I know everybody loves to save some money but Academy sells their Game Winner brand for $19.99 and mine have held up well for 4 months of shooting almost everyday. I'd spend $20 in diesel looking for materials if I made it myself.....

Comment

I have to agree with Jason. All I want to do is get some hay bales for backstops when I'm shootin at a squirrel stealing my DEER corn. And no, I'm not that good yet (to hit every time).

Comment

Working...
                    X