homemade treestands[permenent tree stands]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homemade treestands[permenent tree stands]

do any of yall make yalls own permenent treestand?do you got any piks/im lookin for ideas of treestands..im planning to make one in a cedar tree but i dont know what would to use and how big should it be?should it have a roof?

depends do you want a house or a tree stand? the stands i make are 3 close trees and you make a triangle platform and your done my grandad uses four and makes windows doors balconys "steps" and puts a tin roof on ill get pics

Comment

well it will just be a stand where i can be comfortable to stay all day in rain and everything so i would probably want a roof...yea mesh mover i would like to see some piks....i jus dont want windows on it

Comment

kid what part of SA you live? Maybe we can get together and share plans and put a couple of platforms stands to bow hunt ?Wheres your lease>

Comment

I have some simple ones that were posted on here before the 'big crash". I will scan them in and post them up again.

Comment

i build a ladder,usually 14' and then a 3/4-1" plywood platform , big eneough to put a bucket or chair on and also stand up, with braces to the ladder.then i cut a small notch(tree size) in the back of the platform to "fit" the tree i will lean it on.i usually screw a small piece of scrap wood to the tree at platform height to help stablize the top,then cam-buckle the top to the tree and screw the platform to the small peice of wood on the tree. check ALL the screws periodicly for snugness and tighten/replace as needed. these stands are cheap, comfortable and portable when you want to adjust placement! i moved one monday i put up over a year ago and it is still as solid as it was in my backyard when i built it! i also have one on the side of the house i practice off of so everything is the same as when i am hunting!

Comment

i live in south west texas by burbank highschool...i hunt by concan,texas

Comment

Working...
              X