Recommend a Redfish Fly Fishing Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a Redfish Fly Fishing Guide

I live in Houston and want to take two pastor friends fly fishing for tailing reds this winter - western Louisiana or down towards Rockport would both work. I'm thinking after Christmas and need to go during the week since we are all working on Sunday.

Can anyone recommend a solid fly fishing friendly guide for redfish?

Thanks!

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
    Thanks. I sent him my contact info and asked if he could accommodate 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
      Thanks. I sent him my contact info and asked if he could accommodate 3.
      I hope it works out for you! I started thinking more about “3” fisherman....idk of anyone that comfortably fits 3 fly fisherman unless they set you out on a wade, but that’s a whole other ballgame

Comment

I’ve always like Jeremy Chavez http://www.castingtales.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a link I recently posted looking for one near Corpus. This link has some suggestions. I just booked Chuck Naiser for the last day he has available in October.

Comment

Jeremy Chavez for sure

Explore the amazing fisheries near Houston, Texas and New Orleans, LA with Galveston Fly Fishing Guide and Louisiana Fly Fishing Guide, Capt. Jeremy Chavez.

Comment

Jeremy Chávez is one helluva fisherman and a good dude.

Comment

I’ve fished with Billy Trimble twice and had great trips.

http://trimbleflyfishing.com

Comment

Following ,, when you find a decent guide let me know please. We could take this out after. I wanna learn more of our bay systems

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d really like to go out with JT Van Zandt. I’d enjoy talking to him as much as catching some fish.

JT Van Zandt - Fly Fishing The Middle Texas Coast and Central Texas. Book an essential Texas Fly Fishing Trip for Redfish with Guide JT Van Zandt.

Comment

most the guides in LA are booked solid through the fall and winter a year out. You will likely have to get on a cancellation list. Texas slot reds are fun but I'll never spend money fishing for them again when you can got to LA for the same money and sight fish to 20-30lb bulls. I really like Capt Greg Moon and Capt Greg Dini.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Here's a link I recently posted looking for one near Corpus. This link has some suggestions. I just booked Chuck Naiser for the last day he has available in October.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=698850
                        Chuck has been guiding longer then any fly guide on the Texas coast. It's amazing what he knows about the back lakes. October is probably the best month for larger schools with him also.

If I was looking for a fly guide, I'd call Dave Hayward at Swan Point - Orvis in Rockport and see whats up. Eric Knipling or Billy Trimble have been around a long time and are local residents. Some mentioned are weekenders, not that there's anything wrong with that. Sometimes the schools move around and being on the water everyday can be the difference in a average or epic day.

But considering LA (Empire/Port Sulpher/Venice) is apples to oranges for redfish. Last two weekends of October can be incredible and untouched by anything on the middle coast for fly. The Plantation is a good lodge and can handle finding a guide.
                        Last edited by Notaguide; 08-13-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X