Slim Damascus Steel Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim Damascus Steel Knife

Just finished this little guy (again); I've had several handles on it and nothing just jumped out at me. So today I made this micarta pattern, it's slim and I'm happy with the results, the handle is slim but fits great in my hand, and I have big hands. The blade is 3 1/8 inches over all the knive is 7 5/16, the blade is 7/8 at the widest part. I used four 1/8 in brass pins and one ΒΌ mosaic pin. I make and do everything myself, mosaic pins, micarta, and sheaths, no one else by me touches my knives. The sheath is veg tan leather antiqued finish and topped off with neatsfoot oil, double stitched and welted.
    Good to be making knives for myself again; I've been super busy getting out some custom orders. I hope to finish at least five knives before Saturday, I have two finished but I still need to make sheaths for; I like to have five or six knives done before I spend half a day making sheaths.

Nice!

Comment

Nice work

Comment

gorgeous!

Comment

Wow...wish i had your skills with the knives and leather.great jobbing

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Mine!! ...... OH its not for sale my bad

Comment

Originally posted by sclarke85 View Post
                Mine!! ...... OH its not for sale my bad
                It was for sale; then I decided I was going to keep it. I have no clue how many knives I've made in the last 15 years and this time I decided it was mine.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                  Wow...wish i had your skills with the knives and leather.great jobbing
                  You do brother; I've seen your work. Making knives is just like anything else, gets better with time. And thanks for the nice words.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Yo Bob, nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermdog01 View Post
                        Yo Bob, nice work.
                        Thanks bro; and thanks for the files, I can sure use that big one since I lost one just like it somewhere in my shop.

Good luck at work this week; hang in there.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Working...
                          X