Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions please

Just got on a new lease about two weeks ago in Hunt County. All I have had is pigs on camera. There are very good deer in the area. I have placed a hog trap by the feeder. Like 10 yards. Will having the trap by the feeder scare off deer? I know my number one concern is getting the pigs out of there.

Put a pen around your feeder to keep the hogs out.

Comment

The trap should not scare the deer.

Comment

Feeder pen for sure.

Comment

I’ve never put a trap by my feeder but I don’t think they’ll be scared of it for too long if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will never be able to trap and/or kill all of them. Stout feeder pen with skirt is really the best option for keeping pigs off your corn.

Comment

If it's full of pork it will. Move the trap and pen your feeder and the deer will start using it if they are there. Right now, if you have acorns falling, they won't come to it much, but you'll be ready when they do.

Comment

How many hog panels will it take if I go that way? I'm going to give that trap a week or two.

Comment

We had a doe in a deer trap one time. Nose bleeding like she had been boxing!

Comment

You better hang a burlap sack over the door or you’ll wind up with a deer in the trap. That is NO fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would fence it with 10-14 panels

Comment

Check out the trap in the thread below. We don't have a lot of hogs but this put a huge dent in them.

Comment

What part of Hunt County?

We are in South West Hunt County. Pigs are bad for us but pretty nomadic. They will be real bad for a week or two then gone for two or three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                            What part of Hunt County?

We are in South West Hunt County. Pigs are bad for us but pretty nomadic. They will be real bad for a week or two then gone for two or three weeks.
                            Right by Lake Tawakoni.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtex76 View Post
                              How many hog panels will it take if I go that way? I'm going to give that trap a week or two.
                              I had a hog problem and put up a 9 panel pen. Haven't had a hog 1 around my stand since. The pen will do the trick. You could just put the trap about 100 yards away with corn inside and trap em

Comment

Working...
                              X