Northern stumps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern stumps!

Work brought me to my home country for a short week, added a couple days to see family and chase stumps with a good friend.

Not exactly Texas winter conditions, but I love it.

The Viking gods treated us with a light carpet of snow, blue skies, sunshine and 5F/-15c - don't get much better!
    Attached Files

Looks like fun! Very nice Pix!

Comment

Thx J,
      Yes it is great fun. The fact that these are my own hunting and trapping grounds make it even better.

In Norway, the legislation grants all citizens access to all property for hiking and camping. Limitations are roughly, to stay 500 meters away from houses, camp no more than three nights in one spot, and thread lightly as you do!

This means we can hunt stumps everywhere....

Comment

Looks cold to this old fart. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten View Post
          Thx J,
          Yes it is great fun. The fact that these are my own hunting and trapping grounds make it even better.

In Norway, the legislation grants all citizens access to all property for hiking and camping. Limitations are roughly, to stay 500 meters away from houses, camp no more than three nights in one spot, and thread lightly as you do!

This means we can hunt stumps everywhere....
          Stupid questions, are you a citizen of Norway? Do you have to be a citizen, or can tourists do the same thing? And does that mean no one has private property?

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
            Looks cold to this old fart. Arvin

That is exactly what I was thinking...........except in my case the "old fart" part does not apply! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Bisch

Comment

Looks awesome... frigging cold... but awesome

Comment

There are no such thing as stupid questions

I am Norwegian, but these rights to enjoy the outdoors apply to everyone. There is plenty of privately owned countryside also in Norway, but you are not allowed to fence out anyone from hiking, camping and enjoying the outdoors.

On my privately owned property, I own the hunting, fishing, logging and rights to harvest berries, mushrooms and other. Anyone wanting to pursue any of these activities would need my approval.
                Especially the northern half of our country has a majority of government land where you can purchase a cheap annual license to hunt small game on waste areas. The down side is the fact that our urban bureaucrats and the growing mass of tree huggers are still banning bow hunting.....

I do not only tote judos when stumping my grounds though.....

Comment

This old fart probably was born with a different thermostat, but good old wollie underwear and movement will keep one warm.

Comment

Looks cold !
                    Also looks great and probably a beautiful place to be outdoors

Comment

cool pics

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten View Post
                        There are no such thing as stupid questions

I am Norwegian, but these rights to enjoy the outdoors apply to everyone. There is plenty of privately owned countryside also in Norway, but you are not allowed to fence out anyone from hiking, camping and enjoying the outdoors.

On my privately owned property, I own the hunting, fishing, logging and rights to harvest berries, mushrooms and other. Anyone wanting to pursue any of these activities would need my approval.
                        Especially the northern half of our country has a majority of government land where you can purchase a cheap annual license to hunt small game on waste areas. The down side is the fact that our urban bureaucrats and the growing mass of tree huggers are still banning bow hunting.....

I do not only tote judos when stumping my grounds though.....
                        Wow, that's pretty awesome. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Pretty Awesome! Cute fletchings. Im very surprised bow hunting is not legal. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yeah, kinda femi with pink but easier to find in the snow than my Texas preferences...
                            Have settled for 4x4 parabolic straight's as my go to for all. No up or down and sufficient to stabilize the Meatheads.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Burrr

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X