Traditional FSC Week 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 9

I like the group shots we've done lately and I also liked the single shots at separated spots we did. This week I've opted for a little blend of the two, with a twist. It won't be sitting though I certainly need practice at that and I'll be working that into my practice for sure.
    For FSC 9 I'd like to propose a standing shot group at 17 yards. Draw your target on a single piece of paper 8 1/2x11. Draw 4 spots on the paper but leave plenty of edge outside of the spots and color in the spots so you can easily see them at 17 yards (maybe not so easy for some of us).
    The object it to shoot a 3 arrow group in the center of the paper. Score the target just like FSC7 and FSC8, edge of shaft to edge of shaft. The twist is if your connecting line passes through one of the dots that's a penalty of 1 inch. If your arrow touches one of the dots, that's a penalty of 2 inches (one for touching and one for passing through).
    I used a quarter to draw my circles. You can orient the paper upright or sideways, your choice.
    I won't be posting my results till tomorrow. I haven't shot this yet but am getting ready to go to Hill Country Bowhunters for their first 3D of the year.

Good Luck to All!!

Fred
    Last edited by fwood; 02-26-2017, 06:36 AM.

This will be tough.

The hardest part to this challenge will be keeping your eyes off the spots, and concentrating your shot on the blank area between the spots.

Good call.

Rick

Comment

Dang. What I like is the twists people are adding, trying to make it interesting. I like innovation and adaptation.

Comment

Going out of town tomorrow, and will be gone for a little over a week, so I decided to shoot this today.

No penalties for me, but no pressure from me either.
        Should be easy to beat.

Good luck all !!!!

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a pretty good group Rick. Three dead animals there.

Comment

Good shooting, Rick!

Comment

I shot mine when I got home from work today. Rick beat me by a mile. It is what it is.

Nice shooting Rick. If you can put the first one in the middle it sure helps.

Fred

Comment

Thanks guys.

I had a hard time getting my eyes off that left dot for the first shot, but after the arrow was there it was fairly easy to stay right of it.

Still though, 5.25" should fall easily.

Rick

Comment

It's funny how you can really concentrate on a single spot, the smaller the better and really put your arrow on it or really close. But when you try to center up in that blank area with those dots around it....it's different for sure. LOL

Comment

I think I'll get some practice in this week before I try another challenge. Lol
                    Good shooting guys!!

Comment

It's definitely different trying to focus on the center with all those dots!! Mine wasn't great but not too bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting

Comment

Yeah, I decided I don't like this one.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170303_100713.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24486560

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks fun

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought I'd try it with my new wood arrows. Won't win, but don't hate it: total of 6-1/16".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X