No announcement yet.

Two Tall Tine bucks..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow..nice bucks. You shoot that recurve real well !!

Comment

Nice buck, Congrats

Comment

Good shootin, and nice bucks. Congrats!

Matt

Comment

JT the recurve is 60# @30 and I pull a hair over 30in , the arrow was a GT 75/95 total arrow weight 640gr on the first buck....

The longbow is 63# @30 , same arrow but with a 100gr brass insert so 740gr arrow...

I have killed a bunch or critters with the TreeSharks with bows down to 51# at my draw and not had any issues ( just one big ol boar and I made a bad shot and hit him in the shoulder ) I never shoot an arrow under 600gr for any bow I have. Also they are shave sharp , most times I get a pass through or the feathers end up in the chest....

It was nice to meet you also Dusty.........

,,,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Very nice Sam

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
                    JT the recurve is 60# @30 and I pull a hair over 30in , the arrow was a GT 75/95 total arrow weight 640gr on the first buck....

The longbow is 63# @30 , same arrow but with a 100gr brass insert so 740gr arrow...

I have killed a bunch or critters with the TreeSharks with bows down to 51# at my draw and not had any issues ( just one big ol boar and I made a bad shot and hit him in the shoulder ) I never shoot an arrow under 600gr for any bow I have. Also they are shave sharp , most times I get a pass through or the feathers end up in the chest....

It was nice to meet you also Dusty.........

,,,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,,,
                    I have shot pigs out of two bows with them now. Don't get me wrong I have killed pigs with them and deer. But I never seem to get an exit hole.

I'm shooting 57# with a gt 7595 100 gr brass insert and the 190 gr head so total arrow weight of around 580

And the other arrows are the gt trad 5575 with 100 gr insert and 190 gr head out of my 51# bow also around 580 grains

Comment

Dont know what is your draw length , I use the 125gr steel adpt and the glue-on head , maybe Im getting a longer power stroke with my DL , what bow are you shooting , my bud Felix shoots a 57# Widow and crushes critters with TreeSharks he smoked his elk with one and put a 35yd shot on his lope, hole on both sides.Like I said not sure might try a weight tube or a glue-on with heavy steel adpt........
                      ,,,Sam,,,

Comment

ya im not sure.. I think i am going to get some of the camo 7595 shafts.. That will give me a little more weight.. I also am bad about taking quartering away shots. so the fact that i mostly take those shots could be part of it too.. The big pig i shot friday night was quartering hard enough that i hit her almost in the flank and it angled up into the lungs.. Im not giving up on them tho.. I have only shot two pigs with my 57# bow with them.. Im gonna shoot a few more b4 i make a decision

Comment

Yea I use the camo shafts and a 2-1/2 in footing held on with JBweld so that also jumps my arrow wt up , good luck with them.....
                          ,,,Sam,,,

Comment

nice bucks congrats

Comment

Working...
                            X