Interesting Experience In A Local Bowshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Experience In A Local Bowshop

I was running some errands today today and decided to stop in a bow shop to see if I could get 175 grain field points. I'll refrain from naming the shop, but I will say that it was a shop that a lot of TBH folks have had bad experiences with.

When I asked if the shop had 175 grain field points one of the guys working in there said we have 150, and then proceeded to show me a package of 150 gr Slick Trick crossbow broadheads that came with 3 practice points. When I explained to him that I just wanted them to shoot out of my longbow, he kept trying to get me to buy them by telling me that he knows lots of guys who shoot them out of traditional bows.

You should have said, "Name two of them and I'll buy them"

Comment

The crazy thing was that the owner of the shop was in the background listening to him telling me this. When I looked at him to see what his reaction was, he just shook his head and said "traditional archery is a dying breed".

No wonder...

Comment

I would find a bow shop or store on line!

Comment

Originally posted by BowVista View Post
          The crazy thing was that the owner of the shop was in the background listening to him telling me this. When I looked at him to see what his reaction was, he just shook his head and said "traditional archery is a dying breed".

No wonder...
          He needs to get with the program. It's on the upswing!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            This.

Comment

We have a guy on our lease that shoots Rage broadheads with his Black Widow bow. He's had great success with it as well.

Comment

I Know where you went! He told me my "Longbow would make good firewood, You need one of these new Mathews". I told him that Mattews was so ugly I'd be embarrassed to been seen in the woods with one. I will never go back even if its the only game in town.

Comment

It is a shame more shops don't have a Trad section. Most trad archers enjoy working on their stuff and doing things themselves. They need the materials and stuff to work with.
                  Stocking a couple dozen of assorted weight points ain't going to break them but could gain them a customer.
                  Many say that the trad guy buys everything online or through mail. This may be true but it is because we have no other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    You should have said, "Name two of them and I'll buy them"
                    Yeah what he said

Ron

Comment

X2 lots of people picking it up around this area

Comment

What a moron.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear.

My friend who owns a pawn shop down the street from me. He had a customer brought back a crossbow where the limb had popped off. Of course, I was trying to help him AND the shop near us. Gave him all the info and all.

One day, my family and I went to the PS. I saw that the crossbow got all fixed up. I proceed to ask how it was? Owner is nice, right? He gave me the look and shook his head! I was frigging embarrassed to see his reaction! I just referred him to there and it didn't went well.

He told me that this shop charged him $100.00 for new string!!!! Took few weeks to finally fix it after repeated calls to see if the crossbow was ready. when it was time to pick it up, proceed to tell him to never come back again. I told the guy I was sorry to hear of his bad experience!!!! I told him I will talk to the owner. He is on here! I said maybe it was an off day but still no excuse! So I thought maybe something was not their day or whatever for reason it was...

I pmed him and explain to him, say hey do you remember the other day when I told you how I referred the PS owner to you, you said awesome then went on to explain that this was the same guy that brought the crossbow to have his string fixed. I thought maybe it was an off day or something from y'all to do that to my friend. He never responded back to my pm! Shows what class he and his shop is.

I went to Archery Country and man, what a huge difference between these two shops. Sad deal, if you ask me. Customers is what keeps the shop floats, not the other way around. Some don't see that. I will never go back to this shop ever again.

Comment

I really want to know who this is. Give me a clue.

Comment

My gf just got into archery. She shoots traditional and yesterday told me that me using a compound is cheating...

Comment

Working...
                              X