Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh...finally [emoji3]

Comment

They have a little muzzleloader stuff. Couldn't find much so I went with the t7 powder (no T7 pellets at Carters) cci primers. Need to order some 44/50cal sabots and a powder measure online I guess. Grab a scope and I should be in business....(gulp) ....I hope

Comment

Your at carter country? Go by and check out Bowzone. Tell them big D said high lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
          They have a little muzzleloader stuff. Couldn't find much so I went with the t7 powder (no T7 pellets at Carters) cci primers. Need to order some 44/50cal sabots and a powder measure online I guess. Grab a scope and I should be in business....(gulp) ....I hope
          Wasn't your gun an inline? Are you sure it takes #11 caps? A lot take 209 primers

Comment

Yeah mine probably takes the 209's pretty sure. I was half asleep. Haven't been to bow zone in a while. They used to restring a Mathews I had. Cool place. They have a driveway now instead of just rocks [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
              Yeah mine probably takes the 209's pretty sure. I was half asleep. Haven't been to bow zone in a while. They used to restring a Mathews I had. Cool place. They have a driveway now instead of just rocks [emoji12]

I know. They have really turned that place around.

Comment

Put the bore butter back Werewolf, save your money!

Get you some Remington STS 209 primers

Comment

I order my sabots directly from Harvester. Here is a great sabot for the Hornady XTP's:

Harvester Muzzleloading based in Kentucky and is dedicated to providing muzzleloading hunters with top-tier sabots and bullets. Scorpion PT Gold is renowned for retaining velocity & energy at extended ranges. Accurate Scorpion MAG Bullets to bone-crushing Hard Cast heavyweights, our diverse line suits your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                    Put the bore butter back Werewolf, save your money!

Get you some Remington STS 209 primers

I tried to find the primers. The bore butter is on! Ha ha...i'm trying it out...if it's just more trash to clean out the barrel i'll probably stop usng it. Could not find remington sts 209's...lots of CCI and winchester 209's around though

Comment

Ok I will let you go through the learning curve but this is my experience with BB.

You can find reviews online making claims that BB "seasons" the barrel and makes it easier to clean and increased accuracy, blah, blah, blah.

I got sold on it and it produced 8" groups.
                      Cleaned that junk out of my barrel and the groups shrank to 1 1/2".

I think the stuff works well as a lubricant if you are shooting conical bullets, which you are not.

CCI primers are really good also.

Comment

Cci makes an excellent primer in all respects. For centerfire rifle and pistols I find they are cooler bur more consistent than remington winchester and federal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Tmid...just ordered 100 sabots! Cant find ANY in stores.

Comment

Would CCI 209's be safe to use instead of remingtons? Cuz I KNOW I have a few boxes of the CCI 209's with my reloading gear. Or is Remington the only way to roll? I just don't want a funky mix of something to blow up in my face

Comment

Yes CCI's are fine

Your breach plug will like certain primers and not like certain primers. If you get a lot of blow back and a lot of carbon in the action, then you need to try another primer.

Some swear that using the less powerful "muzzleloader primers" instead of a regular "hot" primer produces less of a crud ring while using T7. Its always been the same for me. Same crud ring no matter which primer I use. I stick with the hot primers just because I've never had a hang fire. So I keep using them.

I have a bunch of the "muzzleloader primers" here at the house if your interested.
                              Last edited by TMiddleton; 05-28-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

That was my concern with CCI. Hangfires or duds. Seems like the cheaper brand COULD have more fails. I dunno but since I have some CCI's around I will certainly find out soon

Comment

Working...
                                X