Mobile home trailer converted to long flatbed trailer- Txdot requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile home trailer converted to long flatbed trailer- Txdot requirements

Hey guys I have a 56' by 14' mobile trailer cleaned down to the frame. I have a portable building I need to move with it, and I'd like to have something to haul long material on, poor mans goose neck flatbed. I'd like to shorten it to 36' or whatever would be legal. I've read that the width needs to stay under 8.5' which I can easily do. I can't find any info on Txdot, or the web about what I need to keep length under, anyone know? Planning on this being a bumper pull duel axle. Thx guys

Man I wish I could help. Keep us posted because I have a mobile home Im fittin to torch, on one of my places!

Comment

Truck and trailer has to be under 65 foot. You can have materials hanging 4 foot off the back of the trailer. I haul a 40 foot gooseneck everyday and have been over length several times ..dot doesn't pay it much attention

Comment

Finished up the trailer and got the 14x40 portable building moved. I think I'll just continue to get 3 day permits for $25, instead of getting it registered. I probably will not use it, but a couple of times a year, but will come in real handy when I need to move that long stuff. I talked to the guy doing the inspecting and no real length requirements just no more than 8.5 ft wide. Would post some pics, but not letting me maybe they're to big.

Comment

Good info to know

Comment

Working...
          X