Make Self Filmed Hunts Easier!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Self Filmed Hunts Easier!!

I have been filming my hunts for the past 3 years. One of the most annoying and pain in the butt thing is always positioning the camera to where the tiny 2.5" screen can be seen at all times. Not to mention that even when you can see it, its about 3' away and it seems even smaller. I got on the Internet and started looking for larger screen to use as monitor. I was blown away when I discovered they wanted between $300 & $400 for a 7" screen. While looking on ebay I came across a 4.5" sold as a universal backup camera. The only issue was I needed to be powered by its own 12v power source. I did some more digging and found this 12v rechargeable battery. It just so happens they are both made in china and both plug right into each other! It works perfectly! The screen automatically powered up when the camera turns on. And turns off with the camera. It saves the battery on the screen and only turns it on when the camera is on. Ask any questions if needed. This works perfectly and is a great idea for self filmers. Less movement in the stand because you're not always having to look in the same direction as your camera and trying to see that little 2.5" screen.
    Attached Files

That's pretty cool!
    What's your total cost in the equipment?

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Less than $40!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          Less than $40!!!
          Wow! That's great!

Comment

I think I would like to look into this too and I'm going to make a camera port in the blind, with a small table for the camera to set on, so I don't have to mess with the tripod.

Comment

can you post the ebay links where you got them from?

Comment

This is the link for the screenhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/2-CH-Video-I...item25749638b2

Comment

This is the link for the battery

The run time on constant is around 2 hours. If you need more time buy a bigger battery.

Comment

interesting...the battery looks like it even has the same connector that is used on most trail cams for external power....hmmmm

Comment

What do you think about the 7inch screen, for us older hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn1952 View Post
                        What do you think about the 7inch screen, for us older hunters
                        The bigger screen is nice but its more expensive and you would need alot bigger battery to power it. But if you can afford to spend more money on both, GET IT!. And post pics.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                          X