shingles vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shingles vaccine?

have a good friend thats come down with a bad case of shingles . hes 55. told me to go get the vaccine. you never want this! he said. anyone on the g.s. had the vaccine? thanks

Chicken pox?

Comment

had the shingles last year, I'm 62 and its the worst I've ever hurt....

get the shot

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        Chicken pox?
        It's caused by the same virus as chicken pox. It can stay dormant for years or forever.

Comment

I would highly suggest getting the vaccine. I am a pharmacist. I have never had shingles but the vaccine is essentially the same as what kids get at 1 year and later as a booster shot. The varicella virus lies dormant in nerve cells and re-activates with periods of stress and when immunity wanes (as we all get older). So, the bottom line is that if cost is not an issue then you should get it. There is no down-side to boosting your immunity against this painful viral infection. My professional two cents.

Comment

I've had the shot. Nothing to it. There is no ggod case of the shingles. Take the shot.

Comment

I have to agree with TCooper93. Strongly recommended. I've had it 4 times and it hurts like hell!

Comment

My employer pays for all the old employees (50+) in the company to get the shingles vacination. Same time as the free flu shot.

Comment

thanks all, after seeing him in that kind of pain im going for it!

Comment

You convinced me, I'm going to get the shot.

Comment

I got the shingles at 45 years old for the 1st time (a year ago) and they hurt pretty good. I'd get the shot if I was you.

Comment

Last year my doctor suggested I get a shingles vaccine - most expensive and sorest **** shot I've ever had. I should be shingles free . . .

Comment

I'm 28 and had shingles in November. I've broke bones, ruptured spleen ect. Nothing like the shingles.

Comment

My wife got shingles two weeks before our wedding, at age 27. Her dad got shingles on his brain and almost died from it. Luckily, I never got chicken pox, so I don't need the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                              My wife got shingles two weeks before our wedding, at age 27. Her dad got shingles on his brain and almost died from it. Luckily, I never got chicken pox, so I don't need the shot.
                              ON HIS BRAIN!
                              I never thought about that. I had it when I was 30 and never want to get it again. I think I'll look into gwtting the shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X