Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Gear Opinions/Options Northern Canada - Sitka, Kuiu, other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Gear Opinions/Options Northern Canada - Sitka, Kuiu, other?

Im headed to Cree Lake (far north Saskatchewan) in June and have been told to bring some good rain gear. I have some cheap stuff and some decent packable stuff but want to get some quality gear to make the most of this trip. I also want to be able to use the stuff during my annual Mid-west hunts, last year we got soaked and frozen.

I have been looking at both the Kuiu Yukon and several options from Sitka.

Anyone have any experience with these or have any other advise?

I have both Kuiu and Sitka, both are 100% waterproof, but to me the Sitka fits better and feels more “well made.”

Comment

I'm looking for quality rain gear too. I've been looking at the First Light SEAK jacket and pant and have heard good things about them. I know they are marked down right now on their site for the TAG SOUP SALE. $350 down to $275. I keep debating on how mad i want to make my wife.

Comment

I have both kuiu and Sitka. My favorite is the kuiu Yukon but it is a touch heavier. Both brands are excellent rain gear. My only complaint is that I wish they were quieter for Bowhunting. The Yukon is the most quiet of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          I have both kuiu and Sitka. My favorite is the kuiu Yukon but it is a touch heavier. Both brands are excellent rain gear. My only complaint is that I wish they were quieter for Bowhunting. The Yukon is the most quiet of the bunch.
          Thanks. That's what I'm leaning towards. Last year hunting Nebraska it rained so hard noise wasnt as much as factor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
            I'm looking for quality rain gear too. I've been looking at the First Light SEAK jacket and pant and have heard good things about them. I know they are marked down right now on their site for the TAG SOUP SALE. $350 down to $275. I keep debating on how mad i want to make my wife.
            I have the seak jacket and it is top quality. I really like the zippers under the arms for vents. Nice, thick material that lasts when walking with in brush. I bought the other rain pants from first lite and they are good too but I’m willing to bet the seak are more durable.

Comment

Maybe take a look at badlands they have great gear and sometimes they have killer sales too. I have the venture jacket and it's awesome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I purchased the Kuiu Yukon.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                  I purchased the Kuiu Yukon.

You won't be sorry.

Comment

I wear actual rain gear, grundens. It's the only thing I've found to withstand hours and hours of pounding rain.

How do these brands perform when it gets really bad?

Comment

Working...
                    X