A crazy hunting story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A crazy hunting story

My wife's boss was telling her of a giant buck that was killed on his lease. Her boss was telling her that he wasn't able to hunt on thanksgiving weekend because he had to take his dad somewhere. So a friend of the family who has not contributed to feeding or helping out on the ranch asked if he could go and sit in his deer stand. He said sure why not. Well when the friend got back to his house and showed her boss what he had killed he was ******. So he asked are you going to mount him and his friend said no I'm just going to do a European mount. He told her that he wanted to punch him. What do you guys think and what would you all have done? Here's a couple of pics of the buck.

I would not be happy ether! Punch in the face would do just fine with me.

Comment

I guess he had permission. Awesome buck though!!

Comment

Not cool, like saying let me come over to your house and sleep in your bed.

Comment

Might as well have said hey can I have one of your French fries and then take the one random curly fry. You just don't do that

Comment

I don't see why it makes him angry that he's not mounting it the way he wants. If he didn't want him to shoot any bucks, he shouldn't have let him go alone. I have gotten away from taking guests unless I'm sitting with them. I've heard too many stories. So I guess I'm confused why he let him hunt if he didn't want him to shoot a deer. That's why a person sits in a stand.

Comment

If he didnt want the guy to shoot the deer, he should have just said, "No," when asked to hunt his stand. He should be happy that the other guy had a successful hunt.

Comment

Lol deer make grown men babies.

Comment

I'm sorry, but if you give someone permission to come to your stand and hunt you shouldn't be mad when they shoot a good deer. And what someone wants to do with their animal is their business. I can see being frustrated or annoyed due to someone just coming in and having success, but no sense in being mad about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
                    If he didnt want the guy to shoot the deer, he should have just said, "No," when asked to hunt his stand. He should be happy that the other guy had a successful hunt.
                    Exactly. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Comment

Nice buck! How in the world can you tell someone they can go hunt on your place, not give them instructions, and get mad when they kill a nice deer? I've taken three friends hunting this year and they've all killed bucks on me. I still haven't got one and I am tickled that they did!

I guess I'm just not going to invite someone to hunt and get mad when they kill a nice deer?

Comment

I'm assuming that probably the nicest deer on the lease. But I could be wrong.

I doubt it's about the mount option it's that he took the best deer out there when the guy was being nice and letting him hunt. If you don't get it then I guess you're the guy who would do the same thing

Comment

"What we have here is, a failure to communicate".......
                          Great Buck!!!

Comment

Well...He shouldn't have gave him permission. That's what happens when you try to be a nice guy. The simplest solution is to not be one if you're going to get butt hurt over the outcome. As for me....I try not to get upset over an animal. There's more out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tower43 View Post
                              If you don't get it then I guess you're the guy who would do the same thing

No, but I'm intelligent enough to realize that my deer lease isn't Arbuckle wilderness and that gun he's carrying doesn't shoot photos. The man asked to hunt, not to a trip to the zoo to see the animals.

Comment

Working...
                              X