No announcement yet.

2015 Arkansas Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a beautiful cool morning so far! No deer, but feels good to be in a tree again!

Comment

Had a buck come under me at first light grunting and moving fairly fast. I got drawn but it wasn't light enough for me to get a good shot with him moving! Plus I could really tell how big it was lol, looked like a decent 8. Since then I've seen 3 jakes, 2 coons, chipmunks/squirrels, and watched some pretty good crow on hawk action. Got some does in front of me now, I definitely climbed the wrong tree this morning. Oh well! Great weather and a beautiful morning!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Razrbk89; 09-26-2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        It's been a beautiful cool morning so far! No deer, but feels good to be in a tree again!

That's a good looking spot! I'm sure there are several deer out there in front of you somewhere!

Comment

Man from the looks of it, you're in the right tree!

I had at least one deer get up from the thickness in front of me and move off to my left right at first light but I couldn't see it.

Comment

Good luck bubba! I will be watching until I fall asleep! (Nightshift)

Comment

Calling it a day. My buddy that came with me killed one this morning so we are going to get that dude on ice and go watch some football at the house. Backstraps and beer tonight! I'll be back after them tomorrow.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                Calling it a day. My buddy that came with me killed one this morning so we are going to get that dude on ice and go watch some football at the house. Backstraps and beer tonight! I'll be back after them tomorrow.
                Heck of a morning for you guys! Beautiful place y'all have there! I'll be back at it this afternoon.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be spending more time in Arkansas this season than last. I'll be there for the antlerless private land gun hunt in a couple of weeks but will carry my bow to do some buck hunting.

Comment

We will be heading out the weekend of the 9th for the special season too. Then we will be back the following week for black powder. Cant wait.

Comment

There's dinner! First bow buck for my buddy so I told him shoot what comes by. I am really excited for him and he was pumped. He shot him at 21 yards slightly quartering to. He said when he shot, the deer ran about 30 yards then walked into the woods. That kind of panicked me but we found good blood and he only went about 50 yards in. He made a good shot that went in low on the front shoulder and exited about halfway back.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                        There's dinner! First bow buck for my buddy so I told him shoot what comes by. I am really excited for him and he was pumped. He shot him at 21 yards slightly quartering to. He said when he shot, the deer ran about 30 yards then walked into the woods. That kind of panicked me but we found good blood and he only went about 50 yards in. He made a good shot that went in low on the front shoulder and exited about halfway back.
                        Nice buck! I'd take that buck at my lease cause I know everyone else would and so would out neighbors. Can't get them to let them grow for nothing around here. Guy shot a yearling this morning and another guy missed a yearling.

Comment

Back at it! Been in the tree for a little over an hour and boy is it warm! Went ahead and hung a cheap 5 gallon bucket feeder today. Maybe it'll keep the does coming in!

Comment

Comment

Any updates this evening B

Comment

Notta. Saw a doe when I got back to the truck. Full moon tonight should have them moving late tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X