Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cwd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cwd?

So I whatched a 2 hr podcast on CWD. I’ve read up on this disease several times the last few yrs.

I do not understand that the only way the experts appear to want to fight CWD is to kill every deer in the neighborhood.

This PHD says that 20% of the herd is infected. It has a 2 yr incubation time during which the Deer is contagious. It is 100% fatal. Soon the entire herd will be infected so the deer herd needs to be thinned out to extinction from the way I understand it. HELL I THOUGHT THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO PREVENT.

I could understand this way of thinking except that the prions that cause the disease basically live forever and there is no natural way to kill them so even if you wipe the herd out ten yrs later the next group of deer will get reinfected.

If these biologists were human doctors they would be ran out of town on a rail.

Think you need to do a little more research. I’ll leave it at that

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      I’ve done research.

The prions stay in the dirt for a long time. It takes over a 1000 degree fire to destroy them.

The game departments want to kill out the deer in areas with CWD to create buffer zones to keep contaminated deer from infecting healthy deer. The problem I see with that is we can’t keep illegals on the right side of the river and we are going to attempt to keep healthy deer from crossing back into an area with no competition for food for a lengthy (maybe forever) amount of time?

This biologist said that some deer are resistant to the disease and these deer really need to be killed as they just live longer and therefore spread the sickness for a longer period of time.

As I said if a Dr said that this was a viable plan for humans they would be ran out of town.
      Last edited by M.E.B.; 09-09-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Huh? What is CWD?
        Where is the disease?
        Who is this doctor?
        Got a link?

Edit, I will help you run him out of town, if that is what we need to do., If you say so?
        Last edited by bukkskin; 09-09-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

This particular one was a Joe Rogan podcast.

This used to be a good site now it is full of arrogant *** holes.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
            This particular one was a Joe Rogan podcast.

This used to be a good site now it is full of arrogant *** holes.
            Is that the same Joe Rogan podcast that they were smoking all the dope on the other day?

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
              Is that the same Joe Rogan podcast that they were smoking all the dope on the other day?
              Yes, and the week before. We have about 4 threads running on it.
              OP, consult the original, all your answers are there . Even have one member who is working in/next door to some of the original cwd pens.

Comment

M.E.B,
                I agree that this doctor is foolish in his recommendations, when do we start?

Comment

Yep. This biologist has ties with Steve Rinella.

I’ve done plenty of reading on CWD the last several years and the common treatment of CWD is wiping out the local herd which I do not understand/agree with as the prions remain. A long time.

A country in Europe took out an entire 2400 reindeer herd due to like 10 animals testing positive. They will keep the area reindeer free for 10yrs and even this does not guarantee that the prions will not be present after that time period has passed.

I think this is a bit excessive.
                  Last edited by M.E.B.; 09-09-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                    M.E.B,
                    I agree that this doctor is foolish in his recommendations, when do we start?
                    The problem is that EVERYTHING I have read or listened to recommends killing the entire deer herd.

Comment

The problem is that EVERYTHING I have read or listened to recommends killing the entire deer herd.
                      Naw, not Everyone wants to do that.
                      There are plenty of herds that have it and are doing fine.
                      Yes, "some" Older deer will die from it. But, the overall herd will survive just fine.
                      This doctor may want to do that, but that is just "his" opinion.

Comment

Here is a link to the blog in case anyone is interested.

CWD Blog

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                          Here is a link to the blog in case anyone is interested.

CWD Blog
                          Is Joe and his guest smoking dope in this one too, it won't open for me???

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post

Prions don't exist indefinitely, and they are not alive to begin with...

Comment

Yep. This biologist has ties with Steve Rinella.

I’ve done plenty of reading on CWD the last several years and the common treatment of CWD is wiping out the local herd which I do not understand/agree with as the prions remain. A long time.

A country in Europe took out an entire 2400 reindeer herd due to like 10 animals testing positive. They will keep the area reindeer free for 10yrs and even this does not guarantee that the prions will not be present after that time period has passed.

I think this is a bit excessive.
                              What do his ties to Steven Rinella have to do with anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X