Which would you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would you use?

Using a 300 Blk AR for hogs would you use 120 gr or 220 gr. Going to use a can but not necessary.

100 yd shot will most likely be my longest.

Thanks

If you plan on shooting them behind the shoulder, then I would go with the 220 grains.

Comment

I shoot 110 Vmax for pigs and deer out of my 300BO. I don’t care for subs for hunting.

Comment

I've shot hogs with 230 grain Hog Hammer and Hornady Black 110 grain V-Max. I like the 230 grain bullets better. But a lot of that has to do with the difference in the design of the bullet than anything else. I've shot hogs in the head and had to shoot them again with the V-Max. I've hit some big hogs between the eyes with the other and they didn't go anywhere or try to get back up. Only trouble with those is they ricochet really bad.

If one bullet you're planning on shooting opens up and retains most of its weight while the other is designed to fragment I'd go with the one that will punch through bone better.

Comment

i wouldn't choose subs for hunting, but if you choose to please look at the ballistics. A subsonic bullet drops dramatically from 50 to 100 to 150.

Comment

What are you more accurate with? Like the ladies say...”it not the size, it’s how you use it”

Comment

If you use the hornady subsonic expanding that will help but dont expect DRT with subs unless you spine or brain them

Comment

I shoot hyper velocity custom loaded 150 grain lead tipped rounds..1950 fps.... At 100 yards..they are killer....

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Barnes 110gr TAC bullet...it was designed for the BO.

I'm rolling my own & not sure if anyone offers a loaded round.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    I'm a big fan of the Barnes 110gr TAC bullet...it was designed for the BO.

I'm rolling my own & not sure if anyone offers a loaded round.

This is the supersonic Ammo to use in the Blackout. Nothing else I’ve tried comes close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X