No announcement yet.

New hog trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still doing research! I have everything to make one with wireless remote. Looking for info on using cellular, without all of the expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      Nice job! I hope you kill a bunch of those beasts!

I'm thinking about building one of those. Do you have pictures?
      Dusty Britches---here's a pic of the gate---it is just a circular pen with 6 16' panels and t-posts. Easy build, and I have a feeder inside the trap.

Comment

cool

Comment

For remote....use a cell phone. With service of course. Use a remote app that turns the phones camera flash/light on from your phone. Have that shining on a photocell (protected from sunlight) that feeds the power to a relay that trips a solenoid. Bow releases work well as they hold back the draw weight of a Bow, yet take nothing to trigger. Solenoid can be found from surpluscenter.com. If u need a solar charger for the phone that's easy too. You can use an app to se what the remote phone camera is seeing. There's also an app that makes your phone essentially a deer camera (minus infrared). It will email and text you if motion is detected. Crude...but in the right scenario can work just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X