No announcement yet.

Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riley and Gator won 3rd place tonight at the Open Pro Rodeo in Pleasanton !!! These two are going to do great things!!! She finished behind 2 NFR Qualifers . Jacque Woolman won first and has been such a mentor and role model to Riley. Surround yourself with legends and you will someday become one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Riley and Gator won 3rd place tonight at the Open Pro Rodeo in Pleasanton !!! These two are going to do great things!!! She finished behind 2 NFR Qualifers . Jacque Woolman won first and has been such a mentor and role model to Riley. Surround yourself with legends and you will someday become one.
      That is awesome Brandon. Congrats to Riley and Gator

Abbey and Cowboy are going to participate in 2 horsemanship clinics coming up in the next couple of weeks. Glenn Hodges is putting them on in Comanche

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post

Abbey and Cowboy are going to participate in 2 horsemanship clinics coming up in the next couple of weeks. Glenn Hodges is putting them on in Comanche
        That should be a good clinic.

Comment

Horsemanship and knowing how to ride is such an advantage. You can be mounted on the best horse but if you don’t know how to ride you will get beat by somebody who does with a lesser horse. You see Parents Velcro their kids into a saddle to try to circumvent learning to ride.

Comment

Horsemanship and knowing how to ride is such an advantage. You can be mounted on the best horse but if you don’t know how to ride you will get beat by somebody who does with a lesser horse. You see Parents Velcro their kids into a saddle to try to circumvent learning to ride.
            I would never strap my kid onto a horse. I always told both of my kids if they wanted to rodeo they better learn to ride and control a horse. My daughter has really come a long way On her horse skills over the past year and it really is starting to show. She was riding and competing on 4 different horses this summer. Any time she asks to go to a horsemanship clinic I gladly take her because she is just absorbing it all right now. The quality of horses she is riding has also gotten better throughout the years as well
            Last edited by aggie2000tx; 08-19-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I would never strap my kid onto a horse. I always told both of my kids if they wanted to rodeo they better learn to ride and control a horse. My daughter has really come a long way On her horse skills over the past year and it really is starting to show. She was riding and competing on 4 different horses this summer. Any time she asks to go to a horsemanship clinic I gladly take her because she is just absorbing it all right now. The quality of horses she is riding has also gotten better throughout the years as well
              Right on!!! Friend of mine and NFR qualifier in barrels preaches to Riley ride your horse. She tells Riley you want to be fast ride smart and smooth. Smooth is fast and fast is good. Jacque Woolman has really been a great mentor and role model to Riley. She also preaches to Riley the importance of horsemanship

Comment

Right on!!! Friend of mine and NFR qualifier in barrels preaches to Riley ride your horse. She tells Riley you want to be fast ride smart and smooth. Smooth is fast and fast is good. Jacque Woolman has really been a great mentor and role model to Riley. She also preaches to Riley the importance of horsemanship
                It is great to surround them with wonderful mentors

Comment

It is great to surround them with wonderful mentors
                  Yes!! Surround yourself with winners!! Riley has been blessed to have some of the greats mentor her.

Comment

Riley has some great role models

[ATTACH]920851[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]920852[/ATTACH]
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 08-19-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

this is exactly why Sarah can beat most of the kids on bigger horses is because she is learning horsemanship. She started slow and then one day started running 3-4 seconds faster than all the kids who were beating her by 5-6 seconds.

Congrats again to Riley. Gator and her are doing great. Is she going to compete in the Gunner Thames rodeo? It pays well and there is also a barrel race in Dripping that weekend that pays really well. Only 20 entered up in it last year.

Comment

Sarah will start her season up again the weekend after Labor Day.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          this is exactly why Sarah can beat most of the kids on bigger horses is because she is learning horsemanship. She started slow and then one day started running 3-4 seconds faster than all the kids who were beating her by 5-6 seconds.

Congrats again to Riley. Gator and her are doing great. Is she going to compete in the Gunner Thames rodeo? It pays well and there is also a barrel race in Dripping that weekend that pays really well. Only 20 entered up in it last year.

That's great with Sarah. As far as the Gunner Thames I'm not sure. I will have to ask. Would like to run there for sure.

Comment

That's great with Sarah. As far as the Gunner Thames I'm not sure. I will have to ask. Would like to run there for sure.
                            if she does, you have a place to crash if need be. Plus I still have this ugly purple koozie you left last time. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                              if she does, you have a place to crash if need be. Plus I still have this ugly purple koozie you left last time. LOL

Easy now on the Koozie. Killer Frog Purple is better than that puke orange I will let ya know soon as I find out. Thanks

Comment

Easy now on the Koozie. Killer Frog Purple is better than that puke orange I will let ya know soon as I find out. Thanks
                                Killer Frog Purple is definitely a huge step above puke orange........

Comment

Working...
                                X