No announcement yet.

2018 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That popup miss is gonna get a lot of air time...especially next year in the post season...

Comment

Abel really carved 'em up. MLB-level command of 3 pitches. Steely composure. Historic CWS for him and the Beavers. Dang, and now the season's over.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
        Abel really carved 'em up. MLB-level command of 3 pitches. Steely composure. Historic CWS for him and the Beavers. Dang, and now the season's over.
        What a really fun college baseball season. I am already looking forward to next season, but lets play a little college football first.

Comment

Saw some chatter roasting the OS Coach for riding the pitcher as hard as he did. The article claimed that the coach was more worried about winning than taking care of the player. I think there has to be a balance, but I didn't see any signs that the kid was struggling. In defense of the coach my job is not based on having to win to retain it. Has to be a tough position to be in.

Comment

As hard as he did?
            That kid was throwing darts - at his own pace..and was a composed in 9th as he was in 1st... I never once thought ..they need to pull this kid...
            its the LAST Game of the World Series...
            I'm pretty sure the coach wouldve had a mutiny on his hands in the form of a catcher and infielders if he pulled Abel ... and fans.....and not to mention mom in the stands look salty...

Comment

The Beaver kid deserved to finish all nine. Impressive command and composure. I felt sorry for my die hard Arkansas buddy but I could not help be proud of the OSU pitcher. He was geeky as hell with nerves of steel.

Comment

edit

repost... having trouble with connectivity

mods please delete this post promptly

hurry

ok?
                Last edited by Legdog; 06-29-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                  Saw some chatter roasting the OS Coach for riding the pitcher as hard as he did. The article claimed that the coach was more worried about winning than taking care of the player. I think there has to be a balance, but I didn't see any signs that the kid was struggling. In defense of the coach my job is not based on having to win to retain it. Has to be a tough position to be in.

Talking heads need something to ***** about. Nothing wrong in my book riding the hot hand to win it all in the last game of the season. Kid never looked like he was struggling. He was efficient and effective and he has all offseason to rest with the trophy.. Bleep the complainers.
                  Last edited by Smart; 06-29-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    That popup miss is gonna get a lot of air time...especially next year in the post season...
                    I'm guessing that all over America baseball coaches will be incorporating pop-up drills into practice like never before. I would be. And maybe, using loud music or piped-in noise to practice over-coming distractions on such a play. Those outs have GOT to be made. (And while they're at it, practice catching fly balls in the sun -- there are techniques to do this.)

Comment

those blunders happen all the time in MLB as well...
                      It's not from lack of preparation or skill.
                      **** happens.

Comment

Sure, "stuff" happens. But better preparation on specific scenarios can improve the odds of a good result. Protocols for priority on pop-ups can definitely be practiced.

Just saying that the impact of making versus botching such a play (winning vs. losing a national championship) has certainly been established for all to see. Either coaches/teams will learn from this and try and prepare for it or sit back and say "well, stuff happens; that's baseball...."

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          Sure, "stuff" happens. But better preparation on specific scenarios can improve the odds of a good result. Protocols for priority on pop-ups can definitely be practiced.

Just saying that the impact of making versus botching such a play (winning vs. losing a national championship) has certainly been established for all to see. Either coaches/teams will learn from this and try and prepare for it or sit back and say "well, stuff happens; that's baseball...."
                          How do you replicate the stress and excitement and anticipation of making a running grab to win the national title?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post

“Dat da way baseball go”
                            - Ron Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              How do you replicate the stress and excitement and anticipation of making a running grab to win the national title?
                              You practice for exactly that situation. Didn't you ever -- as a kid -- say: "here's Little Playa, pitching with the bases loaded in the 9th for all the marbles; gotta have a K here. He goes with the curve... got eem swingin; !!!"

Practice is about making extraordinary situations routine and do-able. It's also about identifying who as players is "clutch" and putting those guys on the field.

Comment

You're right.
                                Those boys.. NEVER ..not once... from K-ball, t-ball, little league, select, showcase high school AND college...practiced catching flyballs.

holy**** man.
                                Watch a major league game... IT HAPPENS TO THE VERY BEST.

Comment

Working...
                                X