Matt McWiliams Tracking Dog Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt McWiliams Tracking Dog Smoke

On Sunday afternoon, my son-in-law made a less than desirable shot on an 8-point we had on our hit list. After watching the video, we decided to let the deer lay overnight. I decided to call Matt McWilliams to come in first thing Monday morning. Matt arrived around 8:30 with his tracking dog Smoke. After a short conversation, Matt got Smoke collared up and released. We knew it was going to be a hard track because it was powder house dry around here since we hadn't had rain in about 80 days. After Smoke got on the track, this deer went probably a half a mile in three different directions. Every time he changed direction, he did some crazy things, like walked up and down a fence line or making 2 or 3 circles around a brush pile. Smoke ended up tracking the deer almost back to where he was originally shot. The deer was still alive when Smoke found him. He jumped him, ran him 50 or 60 yards and caught him. I can't say enough about how good Matt McWilliams and his dog Smoke is. Without his tracking service, we would have never found this deer. There was a total of 6 drops of blood on the entire mile and a half track. With that and the fact of it being so dry, it took a special kind of dog to find this deer. Thanks again Matt McWilliams and Smoke!
    Attached Files

Awesome and thanks for sharing! Love hearing a good dog story and nothing like a good dog. Good looking dog and buck.

Comment

Congrats to the shooter and smoke...how is the short drive to the lease this year?

Comment

Smoke is one seriously good dog.... I've have seen him in action.
        It's very impressive..Special special dog right there...
        Congrats.

Comment

Great story and a nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Your son in law looks real excited about it

Comment

Heck yea
              Congrats

Comment

Heck ya!

I have seen that dog in action MANY times. "Awesome" is not a big enough word for Smoke. Or for Matt either. They don't get any better than that.

Comment

how is the short drive to the lease this year.
                  It's great after 30yrs of 5hr. drive.

Your son in law looks real excited about it
                  He was sick about it all night. And one happy hunter when Smoke found the deer this morning

Comment

What's up with the gun?

Nice deer and glad the dog found him

Comment

what kind of dog is that? cool pup

Comment

Awesome job! Congrats to the hunter. I've had that look before too. It's not a good feeling but, with that dog and handler he was in good hands.

Comment

Dang, what a freaking dog!!! Talk about a tough track.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            What's up with the gun?
                            Ummm...pretty self-explanatory really.

Comment

Watched Smoke track and catch a live blackbuck. Great dog.

Comment

Working...
                              X