I saw Willie Nelson in New Braunsfels Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to give it to the man, 84 years old and can still bend them strings on the guitar. His voice and singing is gone and mainly talks through his songs, but that's ok, I knew that going in. I was just glad that I got to see him one last time.
    REK was good, although he didn't play very long, maybe an hour tops, but he always puts on a good show.

My first time at Whitewater Amphitheater thoughts-
    With Willie in town it was PACKED !!! Elbows to @$$holes with people, everyone trying to get a better view 5 feet in front of you...that was frustrating
    We stood as the front of the bar area and was just fine...

Parking was ridiculous, they have to come up with something better that that system. I dont see how locals put up with that traffic, even if its not every night....CRAZY

Restrooms- 20 min wait for men...STUPID

$55 for TSHIRTS- nuff said

Agree with the crowd and parking

Any time we go we get a group together and split a skybox as that’s literally the only way to do whitewater in my opinion. Plus leaving a vehicle in the front of the parking lot earlier in the day.

But now Whitewater decided to do Season long Skyboxes and screwed anyone just wanting to do a Skybox for a single concert unless one of the season pass holders decides to lease it for a single concert.

We won’t go if we have to stand in the crowd lol

Comment

That is one thing I hate about going to a concert. My wife had bought me tickets for asleep at the wheel before she was pregnant and then ended up being pregnant. She still wanted to go so we went. Some dumb college kids were trying to push her out of the way to get closer to the stage and drunkenly hoist their beers at ole Ray. I about lost it. We probably shouldn’t of been there to begin with but who knew asleep at the wheel would cause a shoving match.

In any case glad Willie has still got it!
      Last edited by Rubberdown; 04-23-2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Agree with the crowd and parking

Any time we go we get a group together and split a skybox as that’s literally the only way to do whitewater in my opinion. Plus leaving a vehicle in the front of the parking lot earlier in the day.

But now Whitewater decided to do Season long Skyboxes and screwed anyone just wanting to do a Skybox for a single concert unless one of the season pass holders decides to lease it for a single concert.

We won’t go if we have to stand in the crowd lol
        I wont ever stand again like that....when I say it was packed...IT WAS PACKED

I dont mind a crowd, but I dont want some drunk @$$ falling all over me, and people squeezing between you constantly...

Never again

Comment

You don't go see Willie for his singing. You just go to see Willie.

Comment

Willie is overated.

There's only one "s" in New Braunfels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Willie is overated.

Thank you grammar police

Comment

I was supposed to go there for Willie & Merle a few years ago. Needless to say, Merle died. I regret neve seeing him perform. Willie was my first ever concert in 1976. Helluva show. My little brother was 8y/o and someone put him on the stage & willie stopped singing to give him an autograph.

One note on the restrooms, they have always sucked at Whitewater. I used to stay there when it was a campground in the 80s and 90s, the final straw was when they wouldn’t fix toilets on a holiday weekend. Poop and paper level was above the seats! Yes, above the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  Thank you grammar police
                  Spelling Sherriff

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                    I was supposed to go there for Willie & Merle a few years ago. Needless to say, Merle died. I regret neve seeing him perform. Willie was my first ever concert in 1976. Helluva show. My little brother was 8y/o and someone put him on the stage & willie stopped singing to give him an autograph.

One note on the restrooms, they have always sucked at Whitewater. I used to stay there when it was a campground in the 80s and 90s, the final straw was when they wouldn’t fix toilets on a holiday weekend. Poop and paper level was above the seats! Yes, above the seats.
                    I’m not much of a concert goer these days. The night Merle passed away I did go see Cody Canada perform an acoustical tribute to Merle though. That was a pretty great show at a small local venue.

Comment

Thank you grammar police

Lmao I find it hard to believe you saw REK in New Braunfels and that song didn’t get played....

Robert Earl Keen sings Copenhagen at Whitewater Amphitheater in New Braunfels TX on July 2, 2011. Bill Whitbeck sings There's Only One S in New Braunfels in ...

Try the 1:30 mark

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                        Lmao I find it hard to believe you saw REK in New Braunfels and that song didn’t get played....

Robert Earl Keen sings Copenhagen at Whitewater Amphitheater in New Braunfels TX on July 2, 2011. Bill Whitbeck sings There's Only One S in New Braunfels in ...

Try the 1:30 mark
                        That is too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Willie is overated.

Don’t think he got it

Comment

I have to give it to the man, 84 years old and can still bend them strings on the guitar. His voice and singing is gone and mainly talks through his songs, but that's ok, I knew that going in. I was just glad that I got to see him one last time.
                            REK was good, although he didn't play very long, maybe an hour tops, but he always puts on a good show.

My first time at Whitewater Amphitheater thoughts-
                            With Willie in town it was PACKED !!! Elbows to @$$holes with people, everyone trying to get a better view 5 feet in front of you...that was frustrating
                            We stood as the front of the bar area and was just fine...

Parking was ridiculous, they have to come up with something better that that system. I dont see how locals put up with that traffic, even if its not every night....CRAZY

Restrooms- 20 min wait for men...STUPID

$55 for TSHIRTS- nuff said
                            My 17 year old brother in law probably directed you to a place to park

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                              Don’t think he got it[emoji3]

I knew he wouldnt.

I love that town, drives me nuts when people pronounce it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X