• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for some turkey smack downs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
      The plan is for PoPo and I to make the same trips as last year; Karnes County, Sonora, and Christoval w/Smart

We'll be wrapping up our season with Merriam LDPs in Wyoming and South Dakota! It should be a great time!
      In SD are you sticking to just black hills tag or prairie tag too and/or reservation(s)?
      Is WY one tom? Since you have to drive North to get there maybe you can throw me, smart and eradicator in the truck bed and make it a more interesting trip

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        In SD are you sticking to just black hills tag or prairie tag too and/or reservation(s)?
        Is WY one tom? Since you have to drive North to get there maybe you can throw me, smart and eradicator in the truck bed and make it a more interesting trip

ClayW always need a couple of good "guides" to help him out..

PoPo is good on his own..

Comment

Good luck, we will be chasing them in Atascosa county for the opener. Hopping on a plane next Thursday headed to south Florida to chase Osceola's amongst the gators and timber rattlers. Josh25tx and I will make a hunt in April in the north zone near San Angelo as well. Can't wait to get spring started with a chance at a big multibeard for myself, finding sheds and arrowheads this year....

Comment

In on this one, good luck Clay!

Comment

In for this. Always enjoy this thread!

Comment

Bout to board this plane in DFW and head south.

Still haven’t packed at all so there’s a lot of work to do before tomorrow afternoon.

Kayden, Chels and I should be heading to Karnes County mid to late afternoon.

From there I’ll meet PoPo, some Keystone Light and it’ll be off the roost birds for opening morning.

Man I love Spring time!

Comment

In on this one again, found my birds this morning right where I need them for Saturday. Few new places to hunt in Karnes and Wilson this year. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck boys!

Comment

I think this setup is going to kill some birds

Comment

Driving through Karnes today I saw some time strutting hard north of Fashing. Also, saw lots of birds between Pawnee and kenedy moving mid morning.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                          Driving through Karnes today I saw some time strutting hard north of Fashing. Also, saw lots of birds between Pawnee and kenedy moving mid morning.

Did you see toms with hens?

Reason I ask is from what I’ve been seeing, the toms haven’t been with hens.

Very weird for this time of year.

Comment

Good luck this weekend fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                              Did you see toms with hens?

Reason I ask is from what I’ve been seeing, the toms haven’t been with hens.

Very weird for this time of year.
                              That's correct. No toms were with hens. I've never really seen them strut without hens around but this group of toms was showing off. I did however see toms and jakes with hens in Refugio county earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                                That's correct. No toms were with hens. I've never really seen them strut without hens around but this group of toms was showing off. I did however see toms and jakes with hens in Refugio county earlier this week.

So dang odd.

I guess they’re running a little late this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X