X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I can't wait to get my boat finished and go after some slabs

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I can't make it, but feel free to drop fillets off by the house! I'm only looking out for your freezer space!

Comment

Headed to prefish Roberts in the morning for a tourney Sat. Wish I was headed to Palestine or Fork instead but that can wait till next week I guess!

I'm ready to go fish! Been at the office 4 days this week! People are gonna think something is wrong with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Been waiting on a phone call. And a hook-up for my boat. Guess he ain't seen this yet. Or fell asleep lol.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
          Shoot me a PM! I'll come pick you up and fill the boat haha

Comment

Well, decided to head out late this morning. When I got to my hole, there were already boats on both of them. So I went to a 3rd. Hardly anybody there. And it was 1:30 when I started toss-n the jig. Only got 4 keepers. And threw back a bunch of undersized fish. It'll hold me off for a little bit. But I don't' think it's gonna keep the shakes off very long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170216_193354 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	24485488

Comment

Nice catch

Nice, I've yet to go this season, I'm afraid it will start all over again, tossing, turning, sweating, seeing the cork go under in my sleep...I gotta go, but I know once I start I won't be able to stop

Comment

Nice fish.

Comment

Dang sandbass wouldn't leave my crappie jig alone. So I took the legal ones out of the water so they couldn't bite it again.

Name:	20170216_193412 - Copy.jpg
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	24485491

Finished the evening out with 14 sandies and 4 crappie for 3.5 hours fishing. Not real hot. But it was steady with the little ones too.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0645.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	24485493

Told you guys.. I've got my lake cabin for sale...

Name:	IMG_0646.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	24485494

Comment

That little bass only has a half a stripe! Who stole the other half?

Comment

Been catching them shallow, big white females.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Off to Caddo this afternoon. My buddy has a house on Cypress river and a boat house with big sac a laits just jumping into the cooler.
                          Yall do any good? I'm headed down there in the am with wife and son in tow

Comment

I'm get-n weak again. Knew it would last long with only 4 keeper crappie.

Comment

TG, headed back in the morning. How much did the river rise? WaterTemp go up any more?

Comment

Was down 2 degrees yesterday due to the two freezing nights we had. Water depth is about the same. But there was enough current to keep the boat going down stream, then pushed up with the light southerly breeze into the current. Expect a large crowd tomorrow with the warmer predictions and milder winds. It won't take the water long to warm up over the next week with predicted daytime highs. And the bite will slow as it dose. That 57-58 is the magic temp in that location. But further down, the bite will be on in the deeper water to the south of that ramp.
                                I launched from far south yesterday being I've got an annual pass for that. Doesn't take long in a fast boat. 5 miles more and 15 minute more ride time (from last weekend) in my boat.

Saw some schools piled up in the deeper water to the south too, on the edge of the channel.
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-17-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X