No announcement yet.

Pat Tillman update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go wave your flag Bill! Pat Tillman is one of my heroes. I keep a picture of him on my desk in the shop. One heck of a man in my book. It makes me no difference if it was friendly fire or not. He was doing his duty. He died a hero! I hope you go wave that flag, it would be great to know we have someone there to show our support.

Comment

Thanks for the update, that is very interesting. Sad that we lose so many good ones so young.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
        Go wave your flag Bill! Pat Tillman is one of my heroes. I keep a picture of him on my desk in the shop. One heck of a man in my book. It makes me no difference if it was friendly fire or not. He was doing his duty. He died a hero! I hope you go wave that flag, it would be great to know we have someone there to show our support.
        This..... And take some pictures

Comment

An AmeriCAN.

Comment

A true hero and inspiration!

Comment

There was a 5k fund raising race for the Pat Tillman Foundation in the neighborhood streets starting and ending at Leland HS (interesting, it was named after a WWII Naval Aviator who I believe died in combat). I brought my flag to the end if the street to wave it as runners/ jobbers/ walkers came by.

The number if people who came and shook my hand was outstanding, several said I was the only person along the course with a flag out.

My PVC 1.5" pole is now black and camo painted, I bring it duck hunting to be able to put a spinning wing wind duck or moto duck up high and really out if the water.

I'll see if I can get somebody there to take my picture.

Comment

Good job Bill! Way to represent. Some people need to be reminded what that Flag means, they go about there busy lives and have to be jolted by people like you. They were in a race right, and then there is a guy standing on the corner with a American Flag! Wow, this was a race honoring heroes!
                EYES RIGHT! PRESENT ARMS!!
                Good job brother!

Comment

Awesome gesture Bill. I tell the PT's story often when dealing with misguided teenage boys.

Comment

Originally posted by huntman933 View Post
                    Awesome, brought a smile to my face thinking of you proudly waving the Red,White & Blue!!! Too COOL!!!!
                    x2!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
                      I agree completely. Wave that flag Bill, wish I was there with you to help out. Pat Tillman gave his all for all of us! May he rest in the peaceful arms or our Father for eternity.

Comment

Awesome !

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

the definition of american right there

Comment

The memorial starts at 6:00, game at 7:00. I'll be there.

Comment

Mr. Tillman's story reminds me of my grandfather's description of WWII.

He said there were city kids and country kids like him. Said there were rich bankers kids and poor cotton farmer kids like him. Said some were tall and strong as an ox and others were short and gangly like him.

He could never understand the movement of the 60's. He always said those who thought they were above the call of duty in his day were few and far between. The boys from the city and country, rich and poor, tall and short all served to the best of their ability as asked.

I'd bet Mr. Tillman heard a similar story somewhere as a young man too.

Comment

Working...
                                X