TBH Loan officers - Rural Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Loan officers - Rural Land

Anyone who deals with loans on rural land want to give me a shot? My wife and I are wanting to pull the trigger on the move from the suburbs out a little further with a little land. I'd like to talk with someone who does this about financing before I get too far into anything.

Thanks in advance.
    -Wes

Try capital farm credit if you don't find some one on TBH
    They are easy to work with I do think they require 20 %
    You get a dividend check back each year that will almost pay at least one payment

Comment

My wife is but they don’t finance raw land.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
        My wife is but they don’t finance raw land.
        I'm not 100% certain which way we'll wind up going, but if we do buy raw land, we would be putting some type of living quarters on it real soon after purchase. We do want it to be our home, whether we buy land with a house or raw land.

Also, it would probably be in Montgomery County, so it looks like she's local. Would you mind PMing me her contact info?

Comment

Captial Farm Credit is really good for that application. If you need any quotes on the insurance shoot me a pm. I work for Farm Bureau and we cater to that business.

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
            Try capital farm credit if you don't find some one on TBH
            They are easy to work with I do think they require 20 %
            You get a dividend check back each year that will almost pay at least one payment
            Originally posted by elhefe View Post
            Captial Farm Credit is really good for that application. If you need any quotes on the insurance shoot me a pm. I work for Farm Bureau and we cater to that business.
            Thanks guys. They keep coming up in my searches. I prefer to work with local people, but may give them a look too.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
              I'm not 100% certain which way we'll wind up going, but if we do buy raw land, we would be putting some type of living quarters on it real soon after purchase. We do want it to be our home, whether we buy land with a house or raw land.

Also, it would probably be in Montgomery County, so it looks like she's local. Would you mind PMing me her contact info?

PM sent.

Comment

Pm Codie on here

Comment

Capital Farm Credit...hard to beat

Comment

Another one for Capital Farm Credit. They probably have an office nearby.

Comment

My experience in land sales has been with Lonestar Ag Credit and the Texas Veteran's Land Board (if you are current military or a Veteran.) TVLB (Veteran's/Military) require a minimum of 5% down for a 30 year fixed note. Lonestar is 20% down minimum. The down payment % can vary if you have some "credit" glitches and terms can vary. No experience with Capital in our north Texas area but get on the net and research.

Start with the land loan then when you get ready to build you can roll the land loan into a construction loan with ONE payment. Assisted my land sales clients all the time doing this so feel free to pm me and I can explain it to you from experience. It's not a big deal at all but there are things you need to know, per your request and understand the process. Good luck and Congrats on your decision....Kuma

Comment

If you find land with an existing home you on it you should be able to get a standard mortgage on it. I finance properties like this for people all the time.

When selecting a loan/lender there are some things you should consider.
                        1) how many acres you are purchasing
                        2) how long before you plan to build
                        3) will you need construction financing
                        4) what do you expect in the form of a final loan upon completion

The answers to these questions will help you determine the best potential lender and loan products.

Comment

another Capital Farm Credit vote

Comment

Working...
                          X