No announcement yet.

Any SR5 4Runner owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a 16’ 4Runner Trail (now called the TRD Off Road). No 3rd row, and we’ve put 36k miles on it in 2.5 years. It’s been an excellent vehicle so far, and extremely comfortable for long trips. We’ve taken it to WY for a week of work, then met a couple friends in Denver who rode home with us back to Lubbock. Still comfortable, but we did buy a receiver rack in Denver to be able to keep any luggage out of the passenger areas.

The week we bought it I swapped out the crappy Dunlap tires that came with it for some Cooper ATPs, and they were a much needed upgrade. Recently swapped those out for some BFG KO2s that I scored on a screaming deal. The factory tires were my only complaint.

Overall mileage has been around 16-17 combined, but I can see 18 maybe 19 if I’m lucky on the highway. It’s a high strung motor that likes to spin. It feels rather gutless until you bury it. Once that motor wraps up it gets moving surprisingly well. The best mileage ive ever gotten is when flying back from Ruidoso trying to keep up with a buddy. We averaged 20.3 running well over the speed limit.
    Last edited by TX03RUBI; 04-23-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

We have a 2012 4x4 with 3rd row. The 3rd row is only good for tiny kids, and you’ll have no cargo room to spare. Ours has been a great vehicle and in another year or two we’ll buy another. Plenty power empty, getting 18 average with ours and get 20-21 at 70-75. Pulled a 5x10 trailer with 4wheeler and it did great keeping it out of 5th gear. I wouldn’t pull anything much bigger but it could handle a little more. The rear sags under a load pretty easily. We have 80k miles with zero issues except a wreck and even after that we’ll never sell it. It’s gonna be our extra vehicle/deer lease truck when we buy another

Comment

The parental unit loves her Runner. Recently put a 3ā€/2.5ā€ kit on it with some new shoes. Took it up a few clicks.

17 TRD Premium. Her first one flooded in Harvey. Called Toyota and got the same one. Exact same one, different VIN. Yea Iā€™m sure there other differences, but from the curb......same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
          The parental unit loves her Runner. Recently put a 3ā€/2.5ā€ kit on it with some new shoes. Took it up a few clicks.

17 TRD Premium. Her first one flooded in Harvey. Called Toyota and got the same one. Exact same one, different VIN. Yea Iā€™m sure there other differences, but from the curb......same.

Actually kind of like that color

Comment

I made the same trade 17 for 18 4Runner. Lifted. 15mpg. Shifts better. Way more room.
            So far a good trade. The tech is still 2010 ish. But other than that I’m happy

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate the input!

Comment

We just sold ours, great vehicle! I believe you’ll have more towing capacity and HP over your Tacoma.

We just moved into a suburban.

Comment

Sold it to my sister. (Whoā€™s in the pic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tow my 19 ft ranger if there’s camping involved. Otherwise we take the tundra. Not as good as tundra towing but ok. Mileage is 18ish with 285/70/17s. Ours has kings on it set at 3” and icon springs in the back. Stock SR5 rides like junk. In my opinion it’s a cheap POS compared to a sequoia but it’s what my wife wanted. Loud in every way, just generally cheaply built. Only it wasn’t cheap. It’s a Tacoma suv... so most everything is the same as that.

Comment

Wife drives a 16 sr5. She likes it, she traded her 14 tundra for it and every once in a while she wishes she had the tundra back due to cab room.
                      I don't care for it much, I think it road walks, and I feel like the engine is a hair bit under powered. I don't think I'd try towing with it like the guys above. Generally if we go out of town we take my truck due to space and better mileage in the truck

Comment

I should mention I have hydraulic brakes on my boat. Wouldn’t hook a trailer without brakes up for anything.

Comment

I like em! On my third one.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to have a lifted taco, really liked it, but sold for something that towed better.

Just picked up a 16 Trail Premium for the wife. Love it 3"icon lift, roof rack, weathertech, rims, 33" tires. It pulled the boat good this weekend as well. But we didnt go on the highway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                              I used to have a lifted taco, really liked it, but sold for something that towed better.

Just picked up a 16 Trail Premium for the wife. Love it 3"icon lift, roof rack, weathertech, rims, 33" tires. It pulled the boat good this weekend as well. But we didnt go on the highway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                              I like that white

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Actually kind of like that color
                                I call it the Crimson Duke.

Comment

Working...
                                X