In the market for another skid steer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the market for another skid steer

I've had a few skids but i really don't have loyalty to any one brand. I just burned up my Case over the weekend - literally... So i'm in the market. I'm thinking about going the rubber track route, but am curious on the size needed. I've always had larger ones (82 and 93hp) but they were wheel machines. I'm mostly going to beat this one up clearing brush/cedars in tight areas (along with regular ranch work such as hay, shredding under trees, etc,..), so I'm not worried about getting a new one. I also have a D6R that can do the larger stuff. I have a lead on a Volvo MCT85 (62 or 64 hp) that's ugly but well cared for with only 1500 hours on it that's a pretty cheap option. Any thoughts from the brotherhood?

thanks in advance!

file:///var/folders/w2/fgh7tmb92wx5g_xqtfzqdcc40000gn/T/IMG_8264%202.jpg
    Last edited by RAZORBACK; 04-22-2018, 09:12 PM. Reason: new picture

Comment

What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My neighbor has a Volvo on tracks with several great implements. It’s air conditioned and he says it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. Watched him the other day working on some Mesquites and cactus patches. Looked like the Tasmania Devil out there. Lots of noise and dirt flying around!

Comment

I've worked for a big rental company and now we have our own equipment business. I'll say 95% of people we do business with want tracks, 50% will not even use a tire machine.

Comment

I have all CAT's, one track machine, really good machines.

Comment

budget is probably under 30k. Again - just looking for a good used machine as I will scratch and ugly it up quite a bit by being in the trees most of the time clearing.

Comment

mq32shooter - do you know what size or model the Volvo unit is?

Comment

Originally posted by RAZORBACK View Post
                  mq32shooter - do you know what size or model the Volvo unit is?
                  I'll call him and see what he's got. He was at the coast fishing over the weekend. Hopefully he's home. I'll give him a shout.

Comment

The NH track versions are cheaper priced than CAT and get the job done, but are not on the same level as CAT products.

Comment

Ok Razorback, just talked to my neighbor. Doesn't know the model number, but it's a 70hp, AC, tracks, shredder, grappler, bucket and forks. He said he wanted the Volvo because it had a side door and doesn't have to climb over the front end to get into it. Was used when he got it, had it about 3 years with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                        Ok Razorback, just talked to my neighbor. Doesn't know the model number, but it's a 70hp, AC, tracks, shredder, grappler, bucket and forks. He said he wanted the Volvo because it had a side door and doesn't have to climb over the front end to get into it. Was used when he got it, had it about 3 years with no problems.
                        Sounds like the Volvo MCT125C
                        Last edited by justintyme8303; 04-23-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Get tracks.

Comment

Tracks are a lot smoother ride than tires. I've ran every brand but Kubota, and they all got the job done. If buying used, I would look for a pre-tier four engine. 60-70hp is plenty unless your running a mulch head.

Comment

If you don't run tracks, get foam-filled tires. My father-in-law has 6 or 8 skid-steers, all are CAT. They run them hard all day everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X