No announcement yet.

Pat Tillman update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday was the Pat Tillman honor run. I participated in San Antonio with 40 others. It is a 4.2 mile run to honor his life. The ASU Alumni association sponsors it nationwide. The big one is in AZ. Thanks for bringing it back Bill.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Very impressive man. Someone we can really look up to and honor.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
          NFL Network ran his A Football Life episode on the anniversary.

A Football Life - Pat Tillman [S06 EP06] - YouTube
          Thanks for posting. RIP, Pat Tillman.

Comment

Thanks for posting and bumping to the top. RIP Pat Tillman.

Comment

True American Hero! He gave it all away to serve his country and never looked back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                I don't know if the national media will pick this up, so I wanted to post. Pat Tillman, who quit his pro football career with the Cardinals and joined the Army Rangers and died in a friendly-fire shooting in Afghanistan was a local 'kid', and grew up in my neighborhood. When he got a haircut, we used the same barber.

This article was posted about a book his wife wrote. She has re-married and has a new life and family and talks about a letter he left to read in the event he did not come home.

I was not aware that tomorrow night is the 1st Pat Tillman Legacy Classic football game at the high school he attended, walking distance from my house. I may attend- with the 48-star American flag that was my wife's Grandfathers (WWI and WWII veteran) on a long PVC pole to wave proudly.

God bless American and all those who served our great country.

http://www.mercurynews.com/other-spo...ce=most_viewed
                I saw that on NFL Network. His wife read some of if not all the letter.

Hero for sure. So is his family, his father, grandfather, uncles all served. I think his brother was serving the same time he was killed.

His life is an inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                  Yesterday was the Pat Tillman honor run. I participated in San Antonio with 40 others. It is a 4.2 mile run to honor his life. The ASU Alumni association sponsors it nationwide. The big one is in AZ. Thanks for bringing it back Bill.
                  This is becoming a bigger and bigger deal each year! Channel 2 here in Houston has an ASU alum as one of the anchors, so he gave the cause some air time. The goal for this year in houston was 60 participants, I don't know it they hit the mark or not, I was not able to make the run. I bet if we bring this up early enough next year we can get some TBH brothers to help increase the numbers! I know Dallas, Houston and SA all host a run.

Comment

Cleared Hot host Andy Stumpf
                    Attached Files

Comment

San Jose got the February storm and cold last night that drops snow in the Santa Cruz mountains to the south. This may be the last time before we retire, and when I went to take a picture no better place than over the Pat Tillman stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Warrior, simply put

Comment

Hand Salute...…..
                          Ready...…
                          Two......

Comment

Can’t believe that was 15yrs ago...

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

Comment

You’re welcome. Pat was a local kid. I was telling somebody yesterday that when the stadium was dedicated there were 2 American flags there. The large one flying next to the scoreboard, and the one I had in the stands attached to an 8’ pvc pole.

RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X