No announcement yet.

Battery operated weed eaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a 48 volt from lowes that worked wonderful,, i had two batteries and by the time the first one was dead i was ready for a break, before i could drain the next one the first one was fully charged,, i used mine on some pretty gnarly stuff. briars and thick weeds around my ponds and house,,,, even some some woody plants,,, it was not a good as a gas powered one but a dang lot handier and the gas never got old!! or needed to be refilled..... Harvey killed mine but i am buying another just like it asap!

Comment

2nd the 20v dewault, usually can do my whole place (home on 3 lots with 4 out buildings fenced) in about an hour without a backup battery.

Comment

I bought a Ryobi last summer to do an electric fence. The grass was thin. It was just these annoying shoots. I charged it fully. I made it about 250 yards at walking speed before it died. I only had one battery. I needed to go about 350 yards so I returned it.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          I bought a Ryobi last summer to do an electric fence. The grass was thin. It was just these annoying shoots. I charged it fully. I made it about 250 yards at walking speed before it died. I only had one battery. I needed to go about 350 yards so I returned it.

The battery that comes with the weed eater is too small. If I remember right it is only a 1.5 amp/hr. I bought the Ryobi 18volt weed eater and blower. When I got them I went ahead and picked up two of the 2.5 amp/hr batteries. With my small 1/4 acre city lot I can weedeat the front and back yard as well as edge the driveway on one battery. The blower really drains the batteries quickly. If I went with the 5 amp/hr batteries then it would be even better.

The cheap models like the Ryobi are designed for small city lots. You can’t really expect a cheap one to be equal to a gas model. If you keep it’s limitations in mind then they are great!! I love mine, but when we finally buy some acreage you can bet that I will be buying a couple of the 5 amp/hr batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
            I have the 18v Ryobi. It works just fine on grass.
            Same here and used one for heavy long grass in a ravine at our mountain cabin and it did fine.

Bought the brushless one last year and switched back to the old style 18v.

Comment

I've been looking into a battery blower myself seems like I've been rebuilding my carb every year now

Comment

I have a 40 volt Ryobi and it work really well on grass, heavy weeds not so much. I also have a smaller 18 volt that works pretty good as well.

Comment

I have a Ryobi 18V One+ and it runs about 30 minutes or so trimming our yard. I only bought it because I had back surgery last year and my wife wanted something easy to operate (no pull starting, mixing gas, etc). Now that we have it I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                    I have the 18v Ryobi. It works just fine on grass.
                    This. Mine is great.

Comment

I have the ryobi mower and weed eater/edger combo. I have 2 40V batteries and can mow, edge, and weed eat my corner lot yard with those two batteries. I wouldn't be able to do more than that probably. I would like to get the blower as well and be able to do all of my yard with 3 batteries. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing 70 acres and I have thought about looking at the battery operated chainsaw as well, just haven't talked myself into that. I highly recommend the battery tools for basic yard work. Much lighter, quieter, and work great! No maintenance!

Comment

For light duty stuff edging and trimming around a residential yard using black and decker for the last 5 years. Pretty cheap and they work.

Comment

I have a Kobalt from Lowes. 2 Batterys I can't outlast one.

Comment

x4 on the Echo 56 volt. Have had mine for about a year and its a beast. Just as much power as any gas trimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                              I have a Ryobi 18V One+ and it runs about 30 minutes or so trimming our yard. I only bought it because I had back surgery last year and my wife wanted something easy to operate (no pull starting, mixing gas, etc). Now that we have it I really like it.

This was my exact reason why I bought the Ryobi as well. Except replace back surgery with knee surgery.

Comment

Been thinking about this as well. My older Echo trimmer is starting to show its age and I like the idea of having a battery powered one.

Comment

Working...
                                X