No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well prefishing went pretty good but the tournament sucked!! Took 13 pounds to make top 3 teams. Weights were way down from what people expected! Lake fell over 2' while we were there and I figured that moved the fish out of the shallows! I was wrong! Most were caught on cypress trees in 1/2' of water! We had 5 small fish at lunch and loaded up and went to the other side of the lake and fished cypress trees in old lakes off the river in 10-12' of water and caught all our weight fish but one the last hour. Broke a couple nice fish off. Just wasn't our day! Lavon in May and Palestine in June!! Rayburn between those 2! So ready to get back to lakes I know and like!!! Did win a Todd Huckabee signature series rod! This things a beast! Gonna check it out real soon and see how I like it. Looks huge compared to my Boneheads and Pro Anglers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
      Got in about 4 hours today. Ended up with 6 keepers. It was a nice day to be fishing under the bridge [emoji299]️.

That top one is the strangest looking crappie I've ever seen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Another 11 this morning, bite was tough to get.

Comment

Gonna go see if Texoma has any slaps this week. May be too muddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            That top one is the strangest looking crappie I've ever seen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

5 crappie and 1 white.

Comment

Caught another 23 at the slip on Friday. Females still full of eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                I'm go-n through-em now. Had a hook-up this past Saturday with a few (50-60). With the wind very mild tomorrow, and the sun shine-n, I may have to go so I don't shake no more.

Me too [emoji4]

Comment

Man, you guys are killing me! I haven't fish for crappie in 30 years. Going to have to change that now!

Comment

Fun stuff today on a new lake!! Several 1.25-1.75 fish!!! Man it never gets old!!![emoji7]

Comment

New lake?

Comment

Fished Palestine a couple hours this afternoon looking around for some buddies for next week! Man haven't been on that lake this year and it didn't disappoint!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                          Man, you guys are killing me! I haven't fish for crappie in 30 years. Going to have to change that now!
                          You are just north of one of the best crappie lakes in Texas (Palestine)...or at
                          Least that is what everyone says. I have only been once this year but I may get the chance to change that Friday! Wooohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                            Caught another 23 at the slip on Friday. Females still full of eggs.
                            I'm going to call you next time I'm in corsicana! I took my new used flat bottom for its first lake test this weekend and had a spun prop. Next time I hope to have some better luck.

Comment

Slew, you got this crappie fishing thing down. I went to Walnut Creek on Texoma and got a big skunk. One of those days when all the guys/gals in the marina were catching them but they ONLY wanted minnows. Headed to Cedar Creek Saturday. My old honey holes should be on fire. Well at least I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                I'm going to call you next time I'm in corsicana! I took my new used flat bottom for its first lake test this weekend and had a spun prop. Next time I hope to have some better luck.
                                Call me before ya get there and I'll meet ya. Should have our boat ready to go this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X