A message for Christians about Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A message for Christians about Donald Trump

This was shared with me by a friend. I thought it worthy of posting here. Some will read it, ponder it and agree. Others will read it, ponder it, and disagree...
    Still others will read some of it and blast away. Others will read some of it and agree...
    It makes no real difference to me. I do not post it to "stir the pot" but I indeed post to stir the mind and thought process... Students of the Bible and of History know what is written about in this article is largely factual. In fact I tend to agree with the author's conclusion and intend to vote likewise though I'm not sure I agree with what he's saying in the article, only the conclusion.

No matter your leaning or slant, it is worth the read.

A Message For Christians
    About Donald Trump
    Wayne Allyn Root
    6/24/2016

I am a Jew turned evangelical Christian. I am also a passionate supporter of Donald Trump.
    I have a message for Christians who don’t like Donald Trump: “YOU’RE MISSING THE BOAT.”
    Christians have Trump all wrong. God sends messages in many forms. You’re just not listening. God
    is talking, but you’re eyes and ears are closed.
    Here’s a famous joke about God and how he talks to us.
    “A deeply faithful Christian man is stuck on roof of home with massive flooding up to 2nd floor.
    Rowboat comes. He says “No, I’m waiting for God. I’ve prayed and I know he’s coming.”
    2ndrowboat. “No, I’m waiting for God.” 3rd rowboat. “No, I’m waiting for God.”
    Water rises. The man drowns. Now he’s meeting God in heaven. The religious man says “Where
    were you God? I prayed. I was faithful. I asked you to save me. Why would you abandon me?”
    God says, “Hey dummy, I sent you 3 rowboats. Are you blind?”
    Did you ever consider Trump is our rowboat?
    Maybe God is trying to tell us something importantthat
    now is not the time for a “nice Christian
    guy” or a “gentleman” or a typical Republican powder puff. Maybe now is the time for a natural born
    killer, a ruthless fighter, a warrior.
    Because right about now we need a miracle, or America is finished.
    Maybe the rules of gentleman don’t apply here. Maybe a gentleman and “allaround
    nice Christian”
    would lead us to slaughter.
    Or do you want another Mitt Romney, Bob Dole, John McCain, Gerald Ford or Paul Ryan? Did any
    of them win? Did they lead the GOP to “the promised land?” Did they change the direction of
    America? No, because if you don’t win, you have no say.
    Paul Ryan couldn’t even deliver his own state Wisconsin!
    And as leader of the House, Paul Ryan rolls over to Obama like my dog rolls over for a scrap of food,
    or a steak bone. He’s a useful idiot. Nice, but obedient. I mean Paul Ryan…not my dog. My dog is
    actually a pretty good defender and loyal.
    Maybe God is knocking on your door so loud, but you’re not listening. Maybe God understands we
    need a "war leader" at this moment in time. Maybe God understands if we don’t win this election,
    America is dead. It’s over. The greatest nation in world history will be gone. Finished. Kaput. Adios.
    And with one last breath, maybe what we need to save us at the last second, is
    someone different. Someone you haven’t ever experienced beforebecause
    you weren’t raised in rough and tumble New York where nothing good gets accomplished unless you're combative,
    aggressive, outrageous, on offense at all times, and maybe just a tad arrogant too.
    Someone with a personality you’ve never seen on stage at your church.
    Maybe, just maybe, being a nice gentlemanly Christian would not beat Hillary, and her billion
    dollars, and her best friends in the media who will unleash the dogs of hell upon the GOP nominee.
    I guess you think God is only nice and gentlemanly. Really? Then you’ve missed the whole point of
    the Bible. When necessary God is a pretty tough guy. When necessary, God strikes with pain, death
    and destruction. When necessary, God inflicts vengeance.
    Maybe you think God couldn't possibly be associated with someone like Trump. Trump is too
    vicious, rude and crude.
    When we won WWII, was God "nice?" Were we gentlemanly when defeating Hitler? Were we
    gentlemanly when firebombing Germany? Were we gentlemanly when dropping atomic bombs on
    Japan? Is God ever "nice" on the battlefield? Or does he send us vicious SOB’s like General George S.
    Patton, so the good guys can defeat evil?
    It’s pretty clear to me God sends unique people to be "war leaders." That’s a different role than a
    pastor or church leader. God understands that.
    Maybe God purposely sent Trump instead of the nice Republican powder puffs like Paul Ryan, or
    Mitt Romney, or John Kasich because he wants us to win.
    And maybe it’s time to redefine
    “nice.” Maybe Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan aren’t nice at allbecause
    they led us to defeat. And losing again would mean the end of America. And God can’t allow
    that. Maybe Romney and Ryan mean well, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Or maybe they’re just jealous they had their chance and blew it. Maybe they’d rather help elect
    Hillary than allow a Trump victory that would make them look weak, feckless and incompetent.
    I was reading the Bible this morning and I found the perfect verse that explains the success of
    Donald Trump…
    "Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who
    wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength;They shall mount up with wings like eagles,They shall
    run and not be weary,They shall walk and not faint." (Isiah 40:3031)
    It’s almost like God created this verse for Donald Trump and this moment in history.
    Trump is our energy. More energy than any candidate EVER. He took on the 16 best candidates
    in GOP history...all younger than him...all with better political credentials...and destroyed them with
    his energy. You mean that kind of energy in a 70year
    old isn't inspired by God?
    Trump renews our strength. Or does the alltime
    record turnout and alltime
    record votes for a
    GOP presidential primary candidate not define “strength?"
    With Trump we mount up with wings like eagles. With Trump as our leader there is nothing
    we can’t do. Any man that can build skyscrapers in Manhattan and vanquish 16 presidential
    opponents, while spending almost nothing…can lead us to the heights of eagles.
    With Trump we run, we are not weary. Just when we get tired of the fight against Obama,
    Hillary, big government, big business, big media, big unions...just when it all seems impossible to
    overcome the powerful forces of evil... along comes Trump to reenergize
    us.
    Trump inspires us. Trump gives us hope. Trump gives us confidence in victory. Trump gives us just a
    touch of arrogance. Maybe God understands that’s exactly what we need right at this late stage to
    save America.
    So let me repeat my message to Christians: “YOU’RE MISSING THE BOAT.”
    God is about miracles. We don’t need a “nice guy” or a “gentleman” right now. It’s the 4th quarter
    and we’re losing 140.
    We need a miracle.
    I believe Trump is our miracle. I believe Trump is our rowboat.
    Except he’s more like a battleship!
    No one is saying Trump is perfect. No one is saying Trump is a perfect conservative. But he is a
    patriot. He is a warrior. He is a capitalist. He is the right man, at the right time.
    Yes, he's a bit rude and crude and offensive. But that may make him the perfect warrior to save
    America, American exceptionalism, capitalism and Judeo-Christian
    values.
    The choice should be easy for Christians.It’s Trump…or it’s the end of the America.

For the record, here is the link to the article at Townhall.com.

Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 07-28-2016, 02:41 PM.

That is just about the most theolowacky thing i have read in my life...good grief. As a christian Jew the author needs to take a long look it Hebrew History and see how God used leaders to correct and punish the offenses of the people.

That author takes alot if liberty with Scripture.

Comment

Trump is no Christian. He's basically admitted he doesn't understand the basic premise of Christianity, forgiveness...

"I am not sure that I have" ever asked God for forgiveness - Donald Trump

"If I do something wrong, I think I just try to make it right," Trump said. "I don't bring God into that picture. I don't.

Comment

Yup. That's why I said I didn't buy what he was trying to illustrate, but did agree with the conclusion... He's likely not a student of 1st/2nd Samuel...

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Yup. That's why I said I didn't buy what he was trying to illustrate, but did agree with the conclusion... He's likely not a student of 1st/2nd Samuel...
            You and me both brother. Today in mens Bible study we talked about civil duties and voting and submission to govt....we got alot to pray about for our country

Comment

tagged...........gotta go shoot and then workout.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                You and me both brother. Today in mens Bible study we talked about civil duties and voting and submission to govt....we got alot to pray about for our country
                So who did you and your Bible study group agree upon?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

not touching this with a ten foot pole

Comment

I'll begin by stating that I am a Christian, Catholic. I believe in God, The Father, Jesus Christ, The Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I'll attempt to keep whatever I'm about to say brief, although I may not be able to pull it off.

The First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

The first sentence of the First Amendment. Please allow me to emphasize that just once: NO LAW.

It is my belief that men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. My beliefs are founded upon some chapters of history:

The casting of Christians to the lions in the Coliseum at Rome; the bloody crusades of the Christians against the Saracens; the use by the papacy of the dungeon and the rack to coerce conformity: the unspeakable cruelties of the Spanish Inquisition, the jailing and hanging by Protestant kings of English Catholics; the jailing and hanging by a Catholic queen of English Protestants for reading English scriptures and praying Protestant prayers: the banishing of Baptists and other dissenters by Puritan Massachusetts; the banishing, branding, imprisoning, and whipping of Quakers; the hanging of the alleged witches at Salem by Puritan Massachusetts; the persecutions of the Jews in many lands; and the hundreds of other atrocities perpetuated in the name of religion.

I'm thinking out loud (typing) and sometimes on clear nights looking up at the stars, I ponder... Thousands - if not millions of years and so many great civilizations, and yet just an infant of a country on a continent on a small planet. I don't feel very special. In fact, I feel completely insignificant.

And I wonder; why would God, with wisdom entirely beyond comprehension, send our United States a leader? He gave the world a Savior, some 2,000 years ago and he was crucified. The Book of Revelations prophesies another leader...

Trump's Christian (religious beliefs / convictions), nor Hillary's - or their lack thereof - will not factor into my decisions at election time. I will say unashamedly, without explanation - that I will not vote for Trump. That is a certainty. I will weigh my three (yes, three) other options between now and then. All the while, paying attention to all that has occurred and all that will occur.

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      So who did you and your Bible study group agree upon?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                      What do u mean? Like who did we decide to vite for?

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
                        I'll begin by stating that I am a Christian, Catholic. I believe in God, The Father, Jesus Christ, The Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I'll attempt to keep whatever I'm about to say brief, although I may not be able to pull it off.

The First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

The first sentence of the First Amendment. Please allow me to emphasize that just once: NO LAW.

It is my belief that men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. My beliefs are founded upon some chapters of history:

The casting of Christians to the lions in the Coliseum at Rome; the bloody crusades of the Christians against the Saracens; the use by the papacy of the dungeon and the rack to coerce conformity: the unspeakable cruelties of the Spanish Inquisition, the jailing and hanging by Protestant kings of English Catholics; the jailing and hanging by a Catholic queen of English Protestants for reading English scriptures and praying Protestant prayers: the banishing of Baptists and other dissenters by Puritan Massachusetts; the banishing, branding, imprisoning, and whipping of Quakers; the hanging of the alleged witches at Salem by Puritan Massachusetts; the persecutions of the Jews in many lands; and the hundreds of other atrocities perpetuated in the name of religion.

I'm thinking out loud (typing) and sometimes on clear nights looking up at the stars, I ponder... Thousands - if not millions of years and so many great civilizations, and yet just an infant of a country on a continent on a small planet. I don't feel very special. In fact, I feel completely insignificant.

And I wonder; why would God, with wisdom entirely beyond comprehension, send our United States a leader? He gave the world a Savior, some 2,000 years ago and he was crucified. The Book of Revelations prophesies another leader...

Trump's Christian (religious beliefs / convictions), nor Hillary's - or their lack thereof - will not factor into my decisions at election time. I will say unashamedly, without explanation - that I will not vote for Trump. That is a certainty. I will weigh my three (yes, three) other options between now and then. All the while, paying attention to all that has occurred and all that will occur.

Bob Lee
                        We already know you have it narrowed down to one, just be open about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          We already know you have it narrowed down to one, just be open about it.
                          x2

And for what it's worth James Dobson is supporting trump and personally knows the individual who led him to salvation and believes it is genuine. I'm not going to judge him for sure and I believe Dr Dobson knows a lot more about it than any of us do.

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post

Bob Lee
                            Here is how The Bible answers your question.

Daniel 2:21
                            He changes the times and seasons;
                            He removes kings and establishes kings.
                            He gives wisdom to the wise
                            and knowledge to those
                            who have understanding.

Romans 13:1-7

A Christian’s Duties to the State
                            Everyone must submit to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are instituted by God. So then, the one who resists the authority is opposing God’s command, and those who oppose it will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have its approval. For government is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, because it does not carry the sword for no reason. For government is God’s servant, an avenger that brings wrath on the one who does wrong. Therefore, you must submit, not only because of wrath, but also because of your conscience. And for this reason you pay taxes, since the authorities are God’s public servants, continually attending to these tasks. Pay your obligations to everyone: taxes to those you owe taxes, tolls to those you owe tolls, respect to those you owe respect, and honor to those you owe honor.

FTR- this article is hogwash, and the counter could be made that Trump is just a wolf in sheep clothing. Which I happen to believe there is greater evidence of my assertion than the authors
                            Last edited by Playa; 07-28-2016, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Mr. Root is all over the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X