Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage recipes

Post em up

I've tried sausage a few times and honestly nine just isn't good. It's edible but that's about it
    I steak, burger, breakfast sausage, roast, jerky etc. At home but my sausage plain sucks

Anyone want to share tips? I plan on giving it s go again this year don't like how much it costs to get it done but went that route last few years due to all the work with mediocre end product when I do it

Yeah the easiest way to do it is buy the seasoning from REO Spice. $10 for a package that seasons 50#s. It's good too. They have a bunch of different blends also.

Comment

I've got a good one at home. I'll post it up when I get home tonight. I finished second and 4th with it at the Germanfest BBQ cookoff in the past.. I also didn't place with it other years. Its a German sausage. It can be put in links and smoked, or cooked as breakfast sausage.

Comment

I always use more seasoning than they call for, if using a recipe or package. I also usually mix my spices with beer, before mixing with meat. Some people use wine as well. Just gives it more flavors.

Some of my favorite sausage is just salt, cracked pepper, red pepper flakes, and cyan. Make it real strong, them use when making a pot of beans. Gooooolly.

I also like putting fresh jalapenos in mine. Ate some sausage the other day had pickeled jalapenos in it. Wasn't too bad either.
        Last edited by crawdaddct; 11-29-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

There's a place on north side of Houston that sells all kinds of stuff used their seasoning but my texture was off and the casing wasn't very good I'm missing something on my prep

Comment

Here's the one I use. You can adjust to taste. We mix 2 parts deer with 1 part pork fat. You can't adjust that as well

This is for 6lbs of meat

3 T salt
            2 T pepper
            2 T brown sugar packed
            1 1/2 tsp ground sage
            1 T red pepper flakes
            1 tsp cayenne
            1 T cavenders seasoning
            1/4 cup mustard seed or to taste
            Mix and leave overnight in fridge

Hope you like it. It was my dads recipe. I have added the cavenders. I actually made some once with only the cavenders and it was really pretty good. That's why I added it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by bullhead44; 11-29-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Tagging

Comment

Working...
              X