Well that went well . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that went well . . .

Yesterday I went and bought a new bow at CCR. I don't do this often and I'm always out of date on the latest developments and equipment. It's usually a little stressful for me. This time was different. They spent the better part of four hours setting my bow up, changing sights and peeps and such. I felt they weren't letting me leave until I was comfortable with my set up and shooting it well. I ended up with a verifier peep. Something I had read about but until now didn't realize how much help it is for aging eyes. I took some time off though and went in the morning. Evenings are fast and furious there for sure. Thanx to the staff there. Several were involved in me shooting several bows on Tuesday and then yesterday on the purchase and set up. I will go back next week for the final tuning after I shoot and two or three hundred arrows the next few days.

It's always great to hear a positive, healthy review. Enjoy your new set-up

Comment

No pics; didn't happen. Let's see that new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
        No pics; didn't happen. Let's see that new ride.
        x2

Comment

Awesome, that's great to hear....

Comment

One Elite Energy 32 looks like another. When I decide on a stabilizer I will post it up.

Comment

What kind of numbers are you getting out of yours. My e35 is at 291 fps with a 388g arrow 60 pounds but I have a 31" DL

Comment

Just got back from CCR shooting. Awesome place and when I decide to upgrade I'll be going there. Jeff mentioned something about seeing you there. enjoy the new bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                  What kind of numbers are you getting out of yours. My e35 is at 291 fps with a 388g arrow 60 pounds but I have a 31" DL
                  Mine is 279 fps with 250 grain arrow with a 27 inch draw length.

Comment

I only have a 26.5" DL and I didn't hit the crono yesterday. When I go back in for my break in tune up I will do that. Jeff was helpful. As were Brandon, David etc. My arrow is around 355 grains I believe. I think they told me with the 60lb draw it should be around 255fps. It doesn't matter to me as much as there is no discomfort drawing or shooting. My shoulders appreciate that.

Comment

Yeah and it will be very quiet!

Comment

That is important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                          It's always great to hear a positive, healthy review. Enjoy your new set-up

Comment

Congrats on the new bow. Not sure what stabs ur looking at but i just bought a vendetta enforcer 8" with 3.5" head. Really help settle my pin. Just a suggestion.

Comment

I'm not sure either. I've been shooting a Ktech but it went with the old bow. Before that Doinker. I use my light a lot for late evening/night pigs but it does an adequate job on shots out to 30 yards. Looked at the Bstinger but want one as much for vibration/noise control as weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X