Sight Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sight Recommendations

I have a new bow on its way and I need to get a sight for it. I've looked at the IQ sights and am intrigued. I have the Bone Collector on my current bow and am very happy with it. I'm a 3 pin guy so what do you recommend?

Thanks.

The bone collector sights are pretty nice. If I'm not mistaken the new one has the little blue light on it, but I may be wrong. Tru Glo has some pretty nice ones as well.

Comment

I am getting a MBG 3 pin Acsent sight its a 3 pin sight with a slider which gives me longer distances with out the clutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
        I am getting a MBG 3 pin Acsent sight its a 3 pin sight with a slider which gives me longer distances with out the clutter.
        MBG all the way. The brightest pins by far and if you've got the coin Casey, look at the new "Pure" lineup. As rugged as Spot Hogg with any feature you'd want and brighter pins. Win/win.

Comment

The MBG Rush looks nice. I have to admit I like the ability to adjust without tools. That makes the Bone Collector attractive.

The pure is nice but hot on the price!

Comment

Tru Glo has some solid stuff at their price points, IMHO. After that I'm still a fan of the Trophy Ridge vertical pin setup.

Lots to like in the Tru Glo TSX Pro Series.

TR Micro Alpha v3 has vertical pins, awesome micro adjustment, and TR's warranty (which so far I've been impressed with)

Comment

Anyone familiar with these?

Comment

My cousin has the sur loc IQ sight and loves it!

Comment

MBG all the way. The brightest pins by far and if you've got the coin Casey, look at the new "Pure" lineup. As rugged as Spot Hogg with any feature you'd want and brighter pins. Win/win.

Comment

I like spot hogg sights I shoot two real deal, one a three pin and the other a five. well built, quality product that performs as advertised for those that practice full contact bowhunting.

Comment

I have been more that one conversation around the difference in a good sight and a great sight. Lots of good sights and some junk on the market as well as a few great sights. I have been asked why spend $200 for a bow sight when you can get a $50 sight that is “good enough” to kill a deer. Here is my reply, I thought you might find value in my opinion.

No you do not have to spend $200 to get a good sight to be an effective bow hunter.

But, I think it depends on what your expectations are from a sight, or any hunting item for that matter. The higher end sights are generally made with lighter, stronger material and are cut to closer tolerances. What that gives you is repeatability, easy of adjustment, durability and a peace of mind that your sight is less likely to fail due to unexpected events (dropping, hitting something, etc.)

Cheaply made equipment will work fine, under ideal conditions? It is when things are not idea that I believe the value of “over engineered” equipment becomes worth the price within reason.

My time in the field is limited. Equipment failure is not an option. Spending another $100 on a great sight vs. a “get by” sight is worth it to me. If you can “afford” to lose a weekend hunt because you dropped you bow and screwed up your whatever, then buy the lesser-made stuff. If you cannot afford to loose a weekend hunt, then buy the well-made stuff and you improve your odds.

Since I have been selling Spot Hogg and Black Gold sights, I have grown to appreciate finely made archery sights. There are some junk sold, some good stuff sold and some really good sights that are affordable on the market. Pick one that you have confidence in; confidence will carry you a long way.

Comment

Working...
                      X