Ranger upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger upgrade

I’ve been working this week on a new high rack for my Ranger. I’m very pleased with the results. I used seats out of an old wrecked Subaru Brat. They are perfect.

Last edited by CWKATTNER; 11-16-2017, 09:33 AM.

I think you need driving lessons if the passengers need all those oh chit handles !

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      I think you need driving lessons if the passengers need all those oh chit handles !

Comment

cupholders. you are welcome.

nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          cupholders. you are welcome.

nice job.
          Being installed tonight!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Those look good.

Comment

Okay, twisted my arm hard enough. How much do you want for the rig and I'll come pick it up.

Lol, just kidding. Man that thing looks amazing. Killer ride.

Comment

Really nice work but I have 2 warnings

First, make sure the dump lever is held latched by a J-bolt. It is a bad scene when passengers accidentally get dumped backwards while riding.

Second, my high rack mounts the same way (on top of the bed). This worked great for a couple years and then the extra weight up there caused the sides of the bed to sag down and flare out slightly so now my tailgate won't latch

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Really nice work but I have 2 warnings

First, make sure the dump lever is held latched by a J-bolt. It is a bad scene when passengers accidentally get dumped backwards while riding.

Second, my high rack mounts the same way (on top of the bed). This worked great for a couple years and then the extra weight up there caused the sides of the bed to sag down and flare out slightly so now my tailgate won't latch
                      Thanks for the heads up. I have a safety strap that will not allow the bed to raise in the event the bed comes unlatched.

Hopefully, I wont have too much of an issue with sagging. It will only be used about two weekends a year.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                        Thanks for the heads up. I have a safety strap that will not allow the bed to raise in the event the bed comes unlatched.

Hopefully, I wont have too much of an issue with sagging. It will only be used about two weekends a year.

2 weeks per year shouldn't give you any trouble. Mine pretty stays on

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                          Being installed tonight!

I use magnetic coozies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Additions. Drink holder and safety cable in the event bed latch fails.

Comment

I watched the bed latches fail two years ago. Four young girls fell out while the ranger was going up a Big hill. It scared the hell out of all of us there. Luckily the girls were all ok. The latch locks were in place. The rail that holds the latches broke causing the bed to dump.

Comment

Working...
                              X