No announcement yet.

Ruger 10/22 or S&W M&P 15/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger 10/22 is my personal preference...feels like a better built gun in your hand

Comment

If I wanted a "tactical" looking .22, I'd just get the M&P. It's a lot closer to an AR.

Comment

I've got both and each as has its good points. The 10/22 is more accurate but the M&P is a lot of fun to shoot. My grand kids like the M&P more because you can go through a lot of ammo in a short time!

Comment

I've got a 15/22 (top gun) a month ago - just trying to decide if I keep it and get a 10/22 or what. I'd really like to get a 22mag semi-auto also.

Decisions decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            If I wanted a "tactical" looking .22, I'd just get the M&P. It's a lot closer to an AR.
            I dont know this 10/22 is really close to AR looking too.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
              I've got a 15/22 (top gun) a month ago - just trying to decide if I keep it and get a 10/22 or what. I'd really like to get a 22mag semi-auto also.

Decisions decisions.
              O well heck you have it already then just get the 10/22 and keep them both.

Comment

10/22. Customizable out the wazoo. You can configure it many different ways to suit your taste.

Most of the dedicated 22 AR rifles are composite and that all you can do with it. If you want an AR to train with, buy a 22LR conversion bolt. That way you are training with the exact same weapon that you hope you never have to use.

Comment

H&K 416 22LR...Hard to find but they are real nice!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

10/22 are built by wolves.....so they are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      10/22. Customizable out the wazoo. You can configure it many different ways to suit your taste.

Most of the dedicated 22 AR rifles are composite and that all you can do with it. If you want an AR to train with, buy a 22LR conversion bolt. That way you are training with the exact same weapon that you hope you never have to use.
                      The 15/22 is close enough that I don't have to worry about training with something different but I understand the thinking. I just want some cool cheap to shoot guns for the kids who are killing me with a couple hundred rounds per weekend of .308 and 5.56. I picked up another 1200 rounds of .22 so my search is on.

Comment

mmmmm me like 10/22
                        Attached Files

Comment

10/22 for me! Love those rifles

Comment

I have both. They are both fun to shoot. I prefer the 10/22. They are very customizable.

Comment

Ruger 10/22. Timeless classic with almost unlimited aftermarket choices.

Comment

Hands down 10/22.

Comment

Working...
                                X