calling all Aggies... turn to your ABC station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20/20 is doing program on the fall of Bonfire.

Not an Aggie but have a lot of friends who are - never heard the full story that happened when I was in HS. Crazy story - teared up hearing the Tim Kerlee's mom recount the story.

Comment

We watched it. Good but not great. Would have liked to see more about the fallen.

Comment

That was my sophomore year...I remember my roommate waking me up at 5am going crazy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
          We watched it. Good but not great. Would have liked to see more about the fallen.

Yeah I was kind of wondering why they didn't show or speak of all 12 that lost their lives. Not very respectful to the others. But was a good documentary of what all transpired. Sad story for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brought tears to my eyes.

X2 on more content for the fallen though.

Comment

I remember the day it happened. I was at work and one of my best friends from A&M called me that morning and told me that Bonfire had collapsed and there were casualties. She told me to go to this website called texags.com and I could keep up on the news. As the day went on and the death toll mounted I had a hard time staying focused on work. When the 11th fatality was pulled from stack my friend called me crying telling me she just has a felling there is going to be one more. If you are an Aggie and haven't read "Angels On The Bonfire" you need to. Those were some great kids the Aggie family lost.

Comment

I missed it, but will add another caveat. 1994 my freshman year, it fell/collapsed also. We worked around the clock to get it rebuilt in time. There is something special that I can't describe about that fire. RIP to those that were lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will never forget, was there the day it happened. I'm proud to be an Aggie!

Comment

What year did it happen?

Comment

1999 I Believe. I was actually at the Memorial Site yesterday and I was ****** that there were nerds there playing Pokemon and I am not even an Aggie. I told them to get their Nerd a**es out of there and show some respect. My son kept telling me to calm down.

Comment

Your son was right. You never now what an argument could escalated into. People are crazy now days.

Comment

Was at A&M when it happened my sophomore year. Jeremy was one of my seniors when I was a freshman in the Corps. Was coming back to the dorm from studying to get dressed and head out there for a while. My roommate who was waiting on me told me what happened when I got there. We rushed out there to help. Never have been back to another bonfire just the candle lights and Memorials. God bless and Gig'em

Comment

I was a senior at Bryan High when it happened. A friend and I tried to go help when we heard what had happened. I never went to A&M but I bleed maroon.

Comment

Brought back a lot of memories of working cut and stack. I had dinner with an EMT not long after the incident that was on site after the collapse. He told a story about a student very similar to Kerlee's. He was alive when they found him, but passed shortly after they lifted the log off of him when the toxins hit his heart. Very emotional documentary to watch to say the least.

"The best friends a man can find hunt with a bow" ~ SKLOSS

Comment

Working...
                              X