keep splitting nocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep splitting nocks

ok guys i shoot gold tip xt arrows that weigh about 390 grains. i shoot a bow tech insanity 70# set at 28" draw length. chrono'd about 330fps. i keep splitting nocks. im using gold tip nocks. after about a month of shooting i have to replace all my nocks on my practice arrows. my bow makes a different sound when the nock splits. there have been no robin hoods. my question is should i move up to heavier arrow?
    thanks

Try different brand nocks and double check serving area where nock attaches to. Make sure it's not too tight when snapping nock on string

Comment

If they are the short knocks I had the same problem recently. I switched to the longer nocks and haven't had the problem.

Comment

I'd put some Easton G nocks in. Should fix the issue.

Comment

Wanna try some Beaman's? I've got a couple dozen more bare shafts in the garage, I can cut a few down to your length and fletch them for you to try out, they are 10.0 gpi. I assume I'll be seeing you Saturday at Reliant.

Where are you shooting at anyway, I need to come join you.

Comment

I'll be there all weekend!

Comment

The power of a bowtech.

Comment

too much power!! but no such thing as over bow-ed

Comment

I have the CPXL at 73 lbs and 31"draw and I'm shooting 330 bloodlines or 350 maxima reds. No issues

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                    Try different brand nocks and double check serving area where nock attaches to. Make sure it's not too tight when snapping nock on string
                    yeah and consistently broken nocks potentially ends up with arrows coming off wrong. I'd change brands asap . . . . safety issue.

also shoot at different spots always. even if they're barely clipping each other too much can go wrong with a failure at the back of the arrow.

Comment

Gold Tip had a run of nocks that were bad (regrinded sprues).
                      They are no longer using (regrinded plastic) nocks.
                      Replace them with new nocks and all should be good.

Comment

I replace all my nocks with QAD tune-a-nocks.

Comment

Working...
                        X