Serving issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serving issue.

Where my string enters my cam, the serving there looks like its been cut into. The string looks intact but the serving looks bad. This same thing happened to me last year and I had an archery shop re-serve it. I was just curious as to if this meant that there was an issue with the cam or perhaps with my shooting or whatever. Any thoughts or ideas?

I would check your cam channel for any nicks or burrs. You don't want your string to pop at full draw. What bow are you shooting? Iv'e seen some single cam bows with really hard cams put so much pressure on the serving it will start separating and eventually wear through the serving.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
      I would check your cam channel for any nicks or burrs. You don't want your string to pop at full draw. What bow are you shooting? Iv'e seen some single cam bows with really hard cams put so much pressure on the serving it will start separating and eventually wear through the serving.
      I have a 2013 Diamond Core. 29" @ 70#. I can't see any nicks or burs. Could be something further into the cam maybe? May just have to drop it off at Big O's Archery and let them sort it out.

Comment

If it is a burr it could be small enough you can't see. Take a cotton swab and rub it lightly along the edge of the cam. Also how does the string track as you draw it. Does the cam tend to lean to the side some drawing or does it stay pretty straight throughout the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
          If it is a burr it could be small enough you can't see. Take a cotton swab and rub it lightly along the edge of the cam. Also how does the string track as you draw it. Does the cam tend to lean to the side some drawing or does it stay pretty straight throughout the draw.
          Have someone stand behind you and check it.
          My PSE X-Force was wearing the serving but that was because I changed the draw length and didn't know the module had to be changed too.

Comment

Yeah I don't know. I don't see anything. Doesn't feel any different. q-tip test a no go. JUst going to call the boys over at Big O's. They saved me last year I'm sure they can do it again.....though....I wonder if I can somehow use this as an excuse to buy a new Hoyt

Comment

Learn to serve over it. I do a lot of repairs with dental floss, very tough and very small.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                Yeah I don't know. I don't see anything. Doesn't feel any different. q-tip test a no go. JUst going to call the boys over at Big O's. They saved me last year I'm sure they can do it again.....though....I wonder if I can somehow use this as an excuse to buy a new Hoyt
                From time to time, those diamond cams can be mis-machined and the module edge is what slowly wears out the string.

Comment

Working...
                X