First Female Infantry Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Female Infantry Officer

One of the women that was tabbed in Ranger School last year will back into an Infantry Captain's slot through the Maneuver Captain Career Course (old IOAC).

It does stick in my craw that she may bump an officer that has spent several years as a platoon leader and XO in an Infantry unit. I served as a rifle platoon leader, mortar platoon leader, and XO before I was promoted to Captain, and became a Rifle Company Commander as do most infantry captains.

They are apparently doing the same things for female NCOs.

Just over 8 months, and this "social justice" BS will end too.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
      Just over 8 months, and this "social justice" BS will end too.
      Hope so but not totally sure it will ever end.

Comment

Now that it's started, it will take a very long time to phase it back out.

Comment

You lost me at Officer. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see a severe leadership problem here in actual combat. I seriously doubt there is a woman alive that could have lasted even a week in the stuff I went thru in Vietnam as a ground pounder. Maybe not even a day.
            Nothing against women in the military but front lines is not a place for females.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              I see a severe leadership problem here in actual combat. I seriously doubt there is a woman alive that could have lasted even a week in the stuff I went thru in Vietnam as a ground pounder. Maybe not even a day.
              Nothing against women in the military but front lines is not a place for females.
              I understand where you're coming from and I can't say I disagree, but did you ever run into any VC women in the field. They were just as deadly as the men. The Soviet women grunts in WWII weren't to be fooled with either.

I will concede that both came from a different culture.

Welcome home brother.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                You lost me at Officer. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm an OCS grad so I been on both sides. The parting words of my PSG before I went to OCS were "you traitor". Actually there was a word between "you" and "traitor".

Comment

Working...
                X