Oklahoma 10pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma 10pt

Made the trip to my lease in NW OK last Thursday but getting out of San Antonio was as a mess with the storms. Finally got to OKC but with no luggage and no bow so delayed our trip up. Got to our place late on Friday and my lease mates were black powder hunting and it didn’t open until Sat so I delayed my first sit until Sat morning as well. Hunted Sat through Monday and did not see much at all. Weather was cold and felt like we should be seeing deer but not much movement at all. Finally Tuesday morning I had a yearling come out, followed by a small 8pt. They ate a bit at my hand corn and then the 8 started getting nervous and a nice 10 came in. He stood facing me for 15min eating. I had my bow off the hanger and ready to go but my hands were freezing, it was 15 degrees when I got out of the truck. Finally he turned just enough to give me a very slight quartering to me shot and I drew and let him have it at 20yds. I’m shouting NAP Killzone BH and it hit were I was aiming but did not seem to get much penetration. He immediately snapped my arrow off and ran but he did not look good. I thought I heard him crash quickly.

I gave him 30min and got down and got my arrow. I had about 10” of penetration and good blood immediately. Followed the trail and found him about 40yds away.

Pretty happy with him. Ready to go back in 3 weeks for he rifle opener. We have a few dandy deer on camera. Had never seen this one.

Here is what I found odd. Obviously Bh did it’s job and you can see the entry wound, the head opened. But when I found my broke arrow and BH in the chest cavity it was in the heart but no large cut diameter going in. This is just the way I pulled it out. Oh well, it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HoustonHunter94; 10-30-2019, 11:17 AM.

I would say that was a perfect shot. Great deer.

Comment

Very nice. Congrats!

Comment

Your second pic is absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Good shooting congrat's.

Comment

Very cool congratulations on your deer

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

well done.

Comment

Nice and Congrats!!

Comment