No announcement yet.

3.5 Ford EcoBoost in new expedition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one and loved the power! Hated the gas mileage! But the injectors went out at 28,000 then 32,000 then 34,000 then traded for a Chevy now I’m at 40000 and no problems

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
      I don't either yet. It is the #1 selling engine in the #1 selling vehicle in America.... been in the F150 since 2011 model year.

There are, no exaggeration, MILLIONS of them on the road.
      mine is 2011 f150 176,000 trouble free.

Comment

oops

Comment

108,000+ on my F150 now. Driven everyday.

Only repair was replacing the positive clamp on the battery connection.

At 100,000 miles every fluid was flushed and replaced plugs with Motorcraft iridium. Truck doesn't rattle or squeak yet, but I drive 95% on pavement. I run good gasoline such as Shell, Exxon, Valero, and Chevron (never generic grocery gas or such). Lucas or Amzoil is added to all fuel tanks regularly. I buy it by the gallon and cuts the price way down.

I'd buy this truck again and again if they'd keep the price the same. That won't happen.
          Last edited by tigerscowboy; 06-17-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

My wife drives a ‘15 Navigator with the ecoboost and we both really like it. Averages 17 - 18 mpg. About 60k miles with no issues so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
              My wife drives a ‘15 Navigator with the ecoboost and we both really like it. Averages 17 - 18 mpg. About 60k miles with no issues so far.
              For the price of a new limited or platinum excursion max you might as well go with a Lincoln navigator. 70-80k for a new excursion.

Comment

my wife has had a 2018 XLT Expedition 4 wheel drive with the FX4 package since January and loves it! The options on the XLT package that we got look just like a limited. Heated and cooled seats navigation full panoramic sunroof. She has over nine thousand miles on it now and since new has averaged 19.4 miles per gallon. We easily get 21 miles per gallon on the interstate cruising at 70 to 75. Power and acceleration is absolutely there when needed and necessary. The only negatives I have about it are the innumerable amount of buttons to push and the lane keeping assist. The lane keeping assist feature is too intrusive. Also the auto stop-start function is annoying even though I know you can turn that off each time you turn the vehicle on.

It is by far the best vehicle we have had for our family.

Comment

The horror stories of those panoramic sunroof scare me but gosh are they cool. I was looking at F250s with that the other day. I can’t afford the F250, and I can’t afford the sunroof. But if I were rich I just might splurge.

I will say that my neighbors eco-boost F150 tows my bass boat better than my 4.7 L tundra.

Comment

My 07 KR 150 has 230k. Pretty pleased with the older V8. No rattles on the inside...been a great truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      my wife has had a 2018 XLT Expedition 4 wheel drive with the FX4 package since January and loves it! The options on the XLT package that we got look just like a limited. Heated and cooled seats navigation full panoramic sunroof. She has over nine thousand miles on it now and since new has averaged 19.4 miles per gallon. We easily get 21 miles per gallon on the interstate cruising at 70 to 75. Power and acceleration is absolutely there when needed and necessary. The only negatives I have about it are the innumerable amount of buttons to push and the lane keeping assist. The lane keeping assist feature is too intrusive. Also the auto stop-start function is annoying even though I know you can turn that off each time you turn the vehicle on.

It is by far the best vehicle we have had for our family.
                      If it is like an F150, there's actually a couple of ways you can deactivate this all together. I pulled a wire like the video.
                      https://youtu.be/RJEzjws0k-g
                      Last edited by MLank; 06-18-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

My wife has a 2016 explorer with the 3.5 eco boost and that car will move. I have a 2012 f150 with the ecoboost and haven’t had too many problems with it, but have had a couple small issues.

Comment

We went on vacation to ski in Utah and I rented a 2018 expedition EL. Came home Tuesday night and by Friday a new one was sitting in the wife’s garage. She has a limited 4x4. Great vehicle. It actually gets better gas mileage then her 2014 awd highlander. Plus It has twice as much room. We opted for the regular non extended length but it has plenty of room for the whole family and dogs and gear. By far my favorite vehicle. It’s still a Ford so I did purchase a 7 year 125k extended warranty from flood ford. I don’t worry about the motor, it’s the pano roof, power running boards doodads etc. that scare me.

Comment

Own a 2017 expedition el, it’s got about 60k on it, no issues. Good motor/suv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love Expeditions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                                The horror stories of those panoramic sunroof scare me but gosh are they cool. I was looking at F250s with that the other day. I can’t afford the F250, and I can’t afford the sunroof. But if I were rich I just might splurge.

I will say that my neighbors eco-boost F150 tows my bass boat better than my 4.7 L tundra.

Can you elaborate on the panoramic sunroof horror stories? We did purchase a 125K mile extended warranty...and hoping we never need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X