Any Robertson Stykbow users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Robertson Stykbow users?

Just wondering how many stykbow users are on here.

I have a Buffalo Bow that is a Robertson. Every one that shoots it, wants it, as they can shoot it so well. I don't shoot it all that well but have killed 3 deer with it.

Comment

Never owned one before but they are pretty. I've heard some good and bad things about them over the years. Dacron is the only string material you can use on them unless something has changed in the past few years.

Comment

The new Wolfer looks pretty cool.

Comment

Draco,
          I got a buffalo bow off ebay because it had a lower draw weight than my other stykbow. I thought it would be a better one to hunt with. But when I received it, it looked like it had never been used once. I mean it looked brand new. It's a really nice looking bow, now I dont' want to hunt with it. lol.

Comment

The buffalo bow I got was marked at 60# but was actually 74# and stacked bad. I took the limbs down to about long bow dimensions and it ended up at 47#, way too light for me.

Comment

Originally posted by colomark View Post
              Draco,
              I got a buffalo bow off ebay because it had a lower draw weight than my other stykbow. I thought it would be a better one to hunt with. But when I received it, it looked like it had never been used once. I mean it looked brand new. It's a really nice looking bow, now I dont' want to hunt with it. lol.
              Blasphemy!

Take it hunting. That is what it was meant for!

Bisch

Comment

Just found this thread doing a search. I have a 2007 Vision Falcon. Cocobolo & Ebony with Bamboo core and Juniper. Love it. Used to have a Purist longbow regretfully traded it.

Comment

On a different note Yote Robertson & son of D. Robertson owner of Robertson Stykbow is on Ultimate Survivor Alaska which airs on National Geographic Channel. Back to subject, good top end bow

Comment

Yote and **** make some awesome bows. We always set camp next to each other when they come to Florida for our state championships. Good people and a dang fine outdoorsman

Comment

Working...
                    X