Kawasaki Mule 4010 mods/accessories ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki Mule 4010 mods/accessories ideas

Hey guys, I just picked up a very clean 2013 single seater Kawasaki Mule 4010 with low hours. I'm new to these machines and would like to hear your recommendations on modifications and accessories for it. I'll use it mostly on the lease and am interested in your deer loading set ups, winch bumpers & mounts, and any other ideas you can share.

thanks,
    Jeff

Roof and windshield. If it's muddy where you hunt or bad thorns then Get a good ply tires and fill with slime

Comment

Better tires that can be aired down to help with ride.

Comment

A good roof, not plastic, I can stand on mine to fill feeders. Also a windshield and slight lift for slightly larger and better tires.

Comment

Roof year round, windshield at least during winter.

Heavier ply tires are nice if you drive places like me. I had flats every morning with the factory tires.

I also have a very nice aluminum high seat off an old one of mine that I don't use anymore if your interested.

Comment

Lights....front and back, easy and awesome to have

Comment

Don't forget the winch and bumper. You will use it more than you think

Comment

brush guard...keeps the plastic from getting messed up..and put a winch mount for both ends...and a 2" trailer ball receiver on the rear, slime the tires..and maybe a solar charger to plug into the power port

Comment

tagged for later

Comment

Like others have said, a roof for sure. I have used a soft Velcro on roof, a plastic roof and a metal roof. All worked great. The soft roof was the least expensive but you had to take it on and off before trailering. I had a plastic roof on a 610 and could trailer with it. The dealer suggested against a plastic roof when I got my 4010. Said you cannot trailer with it on. I think it is just because the newer plastic roofs are more cheaply made than the old ones used to be. Be sure to keep a small air compressor in the buggy and flat fixing gear. You will become an expert at fixing flats both in the field and in the camp. I bought aftermarket heavy ply tires and still had flats. I also keep a small hydraulic bottle jack in it as well. Keep a deep socket the size of your lug nuts and a ratchet. This is a lot smaller and less weight in the Mule than a lug wrench. You also mention deer loading setups. Look up www.Vikings1.com on the internet. They have a number of products to get those deer into the back of the Mule. Some models plug into the receiver hitch and others are stand alone. I plan on ordering their L-E-Vator soon. It is about $120.00 and looks to be a great investment.

Comment

The mule comes with 23" tires on 10" wheels so your tire choices are slim, I bought 12" wheels so I can run 26" tires with a 2" high lifter lift kit, this by far has been my favorite upgrade. As others have said a metal roof, and removable windshield are a must. They are great machines just not the smoothest or fastest machines by far, but are very reliable.

Comment

Metal roof, light bar and pods is what we put on ours

Comment

This is great info guys, keep it coming!

I am especially interested in the lift kit, 12" wheels & taller tires, mounts on each end for a portable winch, metal roof, windshield, front and rear lighting...

What other manufacturers rims will fit the Kawasaki?

Does anyone use a winch mounted on the rear of the cab to hoist a deer into the bed?

My stock front bumper was smashed by the original owner dead centering a light pole, so a brush guard with a 2" square tube receiver mount would be a nice upgrade.

If you can provide a source for where to buy these items, or even someone who can install the upgrades for me at a decent cost, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I still have a 1993 2510 4x4
                            need to work on it now, front end making a noise
                            we ran this thing all ,over, has a lot of power, great machines, workhorse, A MULE
                            My buddy got a new 2015 4010 MULE
                            he added a lift kit, bigger tires, winch, and a lift in the front, kind that picks up your deer and the plastic roof and a windshield, he's runs great, 4x4

I just got a NEW MULE PRO 4x4 2016
                            plastic roof, bigger tires, 4x4, this thing runs up to 45 MPH
                            i had it to 30, and that was fast, in the woods
                            I still need to get a windshield, winch, a lift, all the stuff
                            with time
                            its got an area for storage under the seat, add a box
                            I ordered one , came in wrong, waiting on to return and reorder

For me its much better then the 4010, but the 4010 is still great
                            the pro has doors and lights , just to much
                            I really like the Pro
                            you can add so much to them

Comment

I would like to know as well where to get a metal roof for a 4010

Comment

Working...
                              X