Ebay rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay rant

How in the world can someone convince me that the shipping of 1 shirt can justify a shipping charge of $15? I've shopped and purchased on ebay for years, only 1 issue and ebay made it right, but here lately if one isn't paying attention to the shipping cost you could be feeling it in more places than your wallet. Just a little morning rant and a Heads Up

jrg

Its not just ebay anymore i was about to buy some nitrile gloves from my safety supply, i have been buying from for years. the gloves were 14.00 and the shipping was 12.75. Told them nevermind.

Comment

That does suck... That's the one part I'm **** on when bidding on ebay. Happened on one of my first transactions.

Comment

been that way 4ever who buys form ebay

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
          Its not just ebay anymore i was about to buy some nitrile gloves from my safety supply, i have been buying from for years. the gloves were 14.00 and the shipping was 12.75. Told them nevermind.
          What also gets under my skin is when my shipping cost is generated by price of item.... for example if I buy a $350 Sitka jacket it cost MORE to ship it than if I buy a $150 pop-up blind that weights x10000 more than the jacket, just doesn't make sense to me.

I've bought and still buy on ebay all the time. It seems here lately(at least that's when I've noticed it) that the shipping is the "hidden" profit that the seller is trying to make his/her most money at rather than on the actual item itself. I understand that A LOT of people run actual businesses on ebay, and I'm all about any person making a living, but this way of doing it just seems a little deceitful to me.

jrg

Comment

Crazy freight as Amazon ships free.

Comment

That's how some people make more money. Say your competitor has a shirt for $30.00. So you put your shirt for sale for $20.00 and 15.00 shipping. Boom, 35 bucks if they don't catch it.

Comment

So.....Let the buyer beware.....it means nothing to you???????

Comment

Pretty simple really, read the deal and don't bid if you don't like it. You should know the terms of any deal before you agree.

Comment

You can always sort it by total cost. Item plus shipping.

Comment

Shipping should be listed when buying on eBay. If you think the cost is too high then move onto the next item. I've send sellers a message telling them (respectfully) that their shipping was way overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                        Pretty simple really, read the deal and don't bid if you don't like it. You should know the terms of any deal before you agree.
                        This is the lesson I learned the hard way. I haven't bough something on there where I wasn't completely aware of what the terms were since then.

Comment

Originally posted by JRG_80 View Post
                          What also gets under my skin is when my shipping cost is generated by price of item.... for example if I buy a $350 Sitka jacket it cost MORE to ship it than if I buy a $150 pop-up blind that weights x10000 more than the jacket, just doesn't make sense to me.

I've bought and still buy on ebay all the time. It seems here lately(at least that's when I've noticed it) that the shipping is the "hidden" profit that the seller is trying to make his/her most money at rather than on the actual item itself. I understand that A LOT of people run actual businesses on ebay, and I'm all about any person making a living, but this way of doing it just seems a little deceitful to me.

jrg
                          There's more to consider than just the size & weight when shipping. On high $$ items, insurance adds up quickly.

I shipped. Set of high $$$ Binos recently in a USPS flat rate box but after adding insurance it cost almost $20 to ship them.

Comment

First thing I look at after clicking on an item I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                              I agree and because I do do this is the reason for the rant being generated. I never said that I was forced to buy/bid on anything I just merely stated that it grinds my goat to see people trying to "sneak" in this sort of stuff.

jrg

Comment

Working...
                              X