Christmas miracle needed for some Youngsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas miracle needed for some Youngsters

I came across this lady (Nicki) looking for some deer steak for her daughter for Christmas. She says Cathy LOVES deer meat. I will take care of the deer meat! They don’t seem to have very much and are grateful for all they do. I don’t know much about them, but it breaks my heart for kiddos to do without especially during this time of year. Nicki said when she told the kids it would be a sparse Christmas, their response was “that’s ok, y’all don’t have to get us anything, Santa will take care of it.”

She said they asked for bicycles, but they know that might not happen. I figure anything Santa leaves under the tree will be a blessing.

They love the outdoors, so anything related would be nice. I’m sure clothes, coats, etc would be cool. She didn’t give me shoes sizes, said they just got new shoes recently. I can’t even imagine my daughter only having one pair of shoes!!!

They live in Foreman, AR and I’ll be heading that way several times before Christmas, so will be putting together some care packages for Santa.

Anything done to help will be greatly appreciated, especially prayers. Email (rbridges at Eastman.com) or PM me if you can help out.

God Bless!

Preston:
    - 11 yrs old
    - 4’ 9”
    - Pants - 16 husky
    - Shirts – xl boys / small men

Cathy:
    - 9 yrs old
    - 4’ 5”
    - Size: 9-10/12

Mari:
    - 6 yrs old
    - 4’ 3”
    - Size: 12/14
    Attached Files

Pm sent

Comment

is there an express or delivery method we can use to get items to them from other areas? I'm in the DFW area and not sure how to get items to them.

Comment

I will help too if I can get stuff to you.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
          is there an express or delivery method we can use to get items to them from other areas? I'm in the DFW area and not sure how to get items to them.
          If we could get items gathered in DFW area I can arrange to pick them up and deliver on one of my trips.

Comment

Originally posted by rbridges00 View Post
            If we could get items gathered in DFW area I can arrange to pick them up and deliver on one of my trips.
            I'll be happy to donate a bike or two if we can set up a time and place for delivery. Every kid should have a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
              I'll be happy to donate a bike or two if we can set up a time and place for delivery. Every kid should have a bike.
              I'm sure we could work out something.

That would be awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rbridges00 View Post
                I'm sure we could work out something.

That would be awesome!!!
                ok, if we get something decided on, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

if you haven't already, you should also check out this thread:

Comment

Anybody in the DFW area willing to store some stuff until I can arrange pick up?

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I'm in for the cost of the bikes as well. Thanks rbridges for organizing this effort, breaks my heart to see kids do without.

Does the lady live near a Wal-Mart? They have a decent selection of bikes, the mom could go pick out the bikes, or order them to be delivered to the store. The mom can give her bike selection info to the store manger, I can call the store manager with payment info. The bikes would be local, and not need to be delivered from DFW.

I'm happy to make the payment to the local Wal-Mart, and collect the additional donations for the balance of the bikes. If you get the thumbs-up from the mom, I'll be happy to call her local WM and speak with the store manager regarding the details.

Comment

Ask the mom to also pick out three helmets.

Comment

x1jett, that would be great! I have sent her an email to how she'd like to handle. I think the closest Wally world to Foreman is Ashdown, about an hour away. So checking with her to see if that'd be a problem getting over there to pick them out.

Comment

rd pm me. I live in Longview and would be happy to help out. I dont have enough post yet to send a PM. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X